Guardian of creatures; AU! Queen x oc female x reader Chapter 1

*Author's note*

Well it took awhile from the last update (plus things have been happening in my personal life like losing yet ANOTHER kitty cat this year) but I finally came around and deliver to you guys the first chapter of my new Hallowqueen series. Now keep in mind it's mostly in 2nd PERSON POV which means as the reader it's basically gender neutral, so be patient with me as I try to make sure to keep my pronouns in order. Also I hope you all watch the video I have linked in the story, I def. LOVED it when I first found it years ago and this guy can really sing and bring a gender-bend Disney character to life, so if you've never heard of him, check out his page you won't regret it :)

Now not really any warnings per-say except rude bosses, seductive gestures, 

Chapter 1,

First day on the job

____________________________________________________________________________

*April 11th, 1926*

First day on the job. Well it's really an internship but you were looking forward to it. Working for the New York Times was an opportunity for any writer. Your dream was to one day publish the next great American novel, as a child you've always been whisked away by the words and tales of dragons, sea-baring pirates, and worlds unlike the one you lived in.

It amazed you how one writer can just take you away on a journey and help distract you from the stresses of the world. And here is where your journey began in hopes of accomplishing that dream.

You had first heard about the internship for the NY Times in the papers in an advertisement. The call asked for a 300 word sample of your writing as well as any previous writing experiences you've had in the past.

In school you've been part of the school newspaper and helped write up advertisements for after school events. So after submitting your sample as well as a resume, about 2 months later you finally got a letter from the NY times wanting to do an interview.

Long story short, the interview went great and now you've got the internship. You now stood before the doors that would start your future in the world of writing. Tugging the strap of your suitcase over your shoulder, you take a deep breath in before exhaling and entered inside.

Already swarms of people flooded the first floor of the building, their voices echoing off the large room. The repeated sounds of phones ringing piercing the room as secretaries at their desks were answering them.

It felt like a dream to you for you to actually think that you were now working in one of the top Newspapers brands in all of America.

"You there!" a voice called out. You turned and saw a young man in a brown suit. "Why are you just standing there!? We are running a newspaper here, not a charity tour."

"Sorry, I'm....my name is (y/n) (l/n). I'm the new intern to Mr. Grayson."

"Ohh right. He's been expecting you. You're late by the way."

"Late? But I'm right on......"

"One rule about working under Mr. Grayson, he expects his interns and anyone on his team to arrive before he does. Which is 6am on the dot. And it is now," he looks down at his watch, "8:45. That's a good start."

"I'm sorry I wasn't tole. I promise it'll never happen again."

"See to it that it doesn't. I'm Harry Wormwood, Vice President of the New York Times."

"Oh Mr. Wormwood it's an honor to—"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just get up to your post and start your internship."