*Request for Toshichild* Brian May

*Author's note*

Hello all! Been awhile hadn't it? Well good news is I've got NINE parts of Rock Angel coming up for you all, hopefully by next weekend I'll start posting them up. I apologize I am sooo bad at managing both wattpad and tumblr accounts when it comes to updates for both. I've gotta really work on it. But good news is this is my first ever request for BoRhap WHICH WON 4/5 OSCARS INCLUDING BEST ACTOR RAMI MALEK YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway this is a Brian May request sent by the requestor above so I hope you all love it, a lot of my tumblr people did. Enjoy my lovelies :)

Soulmates through music

Brian May x reader

________________________________________________________

*1970*

It was like any other Smile performance. Brian, Roger, Tim and I were playing at the pub, oh I'm getting a head of myself, the name is (y/n) Staffell, the keyboardist/pianist and sometimes tambourine player of Smile, but by day I do my mammalogy studies specifically in regard to carnivora species of the Eutheria subclass. In English that means I focus more on the studies of big cats, canines and bears.

And yes as you can tell by my last name, Tim is unfortunately my older brother. The relationship between us is.....well it's strained at best but it's not violent or toxic or anything like that but, we don't get along half the time.

But he knew my potential of the piano ever since I was 3 years old I've been playing and I knew how to make a good rhythm or match harmony to melodies to some of the songs that Smile does. When Brian and Roger came on board in the band, the three of us became rather close, best friends you could say, hell maybe family.

Once Brian's guitar solo came up and he had the chance to shine, Roger and I joined behind him and the three of us made a sound so magnificent and full of rock and roll, I felt like it would be deserving of the heavens. That is of course until Tim came back in singing and playing the bass guitar.

By the end of the show, our classmates and other young college kids applauded and my brother said into the mic.

"Thank you all. We are Smile. Goodnight everybody!" After the show I shook out my hands and flexed my fingers in and out and that's when Roger asked me.

"You alright (y/n)?"

"Yeah just overdid it on that solo, always makes my wrists cramp up as well as my fingers. Thank god I didn't miss a key though."

"I thought you did amazing." Said Brian. I turned to him and smiled softly and thanked him.

However as the night went on, things only got worse as my idiot brother told us of this opportunity with a new band.

"Humpy Bong?" Brian said.

"Humpy Bong. There's going places, there's gonna be big."

"Humpy Bong. Are you joking?" snapped Roger.

"Don't do it Tim." Brian begged.

"I'm sorry guys but we're not going anywhere with this. What college gigs? Pubs? I've gotta give it a go. Come on (y/n) let's go."

"I'm not going." I stated firmly. Tim turned toward me holding his bass and he said.

"Don't be an idiot (y/n). I already told them I knew of a great pianist who could put Beethoven and Mozart to shame. Don't waste your talent by staying where you're at." I stared Tim down and said.

"Then find someone else with my skill set. If that's at all possible of course. You may be a coward for ducking out but I'm not. I'm staying with Rog and Brian." Tim rolled his eyes and muttered.