Sin City [3]

"What the hell happened to you?" Bobby asked.

"I remembered," Katerina claimed cryptically.

"Remembered what?"

Katerina shook her head and looked at the Colt "It won't stop a demon if that's what you think,"

"How the hell would you know?"

"Can't tell you that,"

"And why not?!"

"Not the right time..." Katerina nodded towards the Cold "do you want me to help you out with that gun or not?"

***

Sam was in a corridor outside Trotter's officer, where Trotter was talking to his henchdude. Sam's phone rang, startling him.

"Dean?" Sam asked in a hushed voice.

"Try again,"

Sam straightened up a bit "Kat..."

"You okay? Did I catch you at a bad time, Bobby said I should call you..."

"Hey, babe, I'm fine. Just, uh...I'll see you back at Bobby's," he quickly hung up as the hench guy came out of Trotter's office.

***

"I got to tell you-every woman in this place? They want to eat you up," A woman told Dean as he sat at the bar.

"Well, hey. Anybody could have tackled that guy...and wrestled the gun away...prevented mass murder,"

"Here's what I'm gonna do."

Dean smiled in anticipation.

"Normally, I charge $400 a night." The woman whispered in Dean's ear "Why don't we call it an even deuce and get the hell out of here?"

"What do I look like?" Dean asked incredulously.

"What do I look like?" The woman echoed as she walked away "Cheapskate,"

Casey laughed "Did I just see you strike out with a prostitute? How's that work?"

"Well, I just told her I had a thing for the bartender. It was pretty easy," Dean teased.

"Who says the bartender's available?"

"That's a good question. You got something going with some guy, you know, about yea tall, wears a sweatsuit..?"

Casey tilted her head to the side with a blank look "Who?"

"Naw. My mistake." Dean claimed, "What do you say you and I grab a drink after your shift?"

"I say why wait...when we can go right now?"

Dean smiled as he followed Casey out.

***

Trotter and his henchdude walked out of Trotter's office.

Sam watched for a second from the hallway, then headed into the office. He started rifling through the desk, looking at calendars, keys...

Suddenly the henchdude was there, taking a swing at Sam.

Sam punched the henchdude hard, repeatedly, when he felt a gun to his neck.

"What are you doing here?" Trotter demanded as he held the gun.

"I think maybe you know," Sam said.

"Yeah? Well, I think I'm calling the cops!"

Sam became surprised "Cops?"

"Breaking and entering, assault-you're in a peck of trouble, my friend,"

"Uh, wh-, uh..." Sam stuttered "I think I could probably explain it..." he suddenly twisted around, grabbing the gun from Trotter, and pointed it at both men. "All right, back up! Get back,"

"Money's in the safe! Take it and go,"

"I don't want your money. I just got to be sure," Sam splashed both men with holy water.

The men flinched and sputtered from the sudden spritz of cold water, and looked outraged, but nothing else happened.

"What kind of psycho are you?" Trotter spluttered.

"Oh, god." Sam muttered, embarrassed "Uh...I'm sorry." He shrugged "Heh...I...think this was just a minor misunderstanding?" Sam smiled nervously "Yeah, okay, ummm...How 'bout I just...I just leave, 'cause..." he removed bullets from the gun. "I'll take these." Sam sheepishly shrugged as he placed the gun down "Okay, I'll, uh, I'll leave this for, uh...you, uh...Have a nice day?" He turned and walked rapidly out of the office, grimacing in embarrassment, and leaving Trotter and his henchman staring in bewilderment.