Hunted Pt. 4

Shaking her head Katerina glared at the HYDRA agent. "And what do you get out of this?"

"I'm not some reckless yahoo, okay?" The agent told her "I did my homework. Made damn sure it was true. Look, you've got your Roadhouse and SHIELD connections, I got mine. It's how I found you in the first place," he brushed a piece of Katerina's hair, causing her to move her head away from his touch. "About a month ago I found another one of these freaks here in town. He could deep-fry a person just by touching them,"

"Yeah, did he kill anyone?" Kat questioned

"Well, besides Mr. Tinkles the cat? No. But he was working up to it,"

"They're all gonna be killers, Kitty Kat." Gordon said "We've got take them all out. And that means Sammy too," Gordon cocked the rifle.

"You think the boys are stupid enough to walk through that front door?"

"No, I don't. Especially since I'm sure you found a way to warn him," The HYDRA agent stood and started pacing. "No. The boys are going to scope the place first, see Gordon covering the front door. So they're going to take the back. And when they do they'll hit the tripwire. Then-" he took a grenade from his bag. "Boom,"

Katerina scoffed "Dean and Sam won't fall for a tripwire,"

"Maybe you're right. That's why I'll have a second one," The HYDRA agent left the room.

Gordon looked at Kat "Hey, look. I'm sorry. I wish I didn't have to do this, I really do. But for what it's worth, it'll be quick," he looked back towards where the HYDRA agent was setting up a tripwire across the back doorway.

"Come on, Gordon. I know Sam, okay. He's got more of a conscience than I do, I mean, the guy feels guilty surfing the Internet for porn,"

"Maybe you're right. But one day you and Sam are going to be monsters,"

"How? Huh?"

"Beats me. But you will,"

"You don't know that!"

"I'm surprised at you, Katerina." The HYDRA agent said as he walked back into the room and straddled a chair. "Getting all emotional. I'd heard you were more of a professional than this,"

Kat ignored the agent and looked at Gordon "That's not Sam,"

"Yes, it is. You just can't see it yet. It's both your destinies. Look, I'm sympathetic, hurting such a pretty face such as yourself..." he brushed a finger against Katerina's cheek causing her to turn away. Gordon reached into his bag and pulled out a scarf, standing.

"But here's the thing." The HYDRA agent explained as Gordon gagged Katerina with the scarf "your dad? If it really came right down to it, he would have had the stones to do the right thing here. But you're telling me you're the not the Agent he is?"

Kat glared furiously.

***

Sam and Dean approached the cabin, Sam held up the sheet of motel stationery.

Dean saw Katerina, and Gordon, through the boarded-up window, then ran around back. He tried the door and found it locked "Sam!"

Sam came over and pulled out his lockpick and worked it open.

***

The clicks from the door could be heard in the front room; Katerina glared at the HYDRA agent.

"You hear them?" The HYDRA Agent smirked

In the back room, Sam got the door open and crept in.

"Here they come," Gordon said

Kat flinched helplessly as the first grenade exploded. She screamed through her gag.

"Hold on. Not yet." The HYDRA Agent told Gordon "Just wait and see," As the second grenade went off, Katerina struggled violently.

Gordon crossed the room and stopped beside her. "Sorry, Kitty Kat," he went into the back room, rifle ready. He saw Sam lying on the ground. Gordon smiled but was still wary. As he turned away from the back door, Dean raised a gun to the back of Gordon's head and cocked it.

"Drop the gun," Dean said in a low, warning tone 

"Put it down now!" Sam ordered as he stood up and aimed his own gun at Gordon.

In the front room, Katerina turned, hearing Dean's voice, and went into action once the HYDRA Agent's back was turned. Her actions cracked the chair she was in, causing the HYDRA Agent to turn around.

Katerina tossed the gag away and glared at the HYDRA agent "You seemed to miss something in my background, I wasn't just trained by my father..."

"Right...the red-headed Assassin," The HYDRA Agent pulled out his knife "You're no better than the filthy things you hunt," as he raised the knife, Kat lashed out, flipping the Agent over.

Katerina punched him twice, then grabbed a rifle from the table and pointed it at his head.

"Do it. Do it! Show the Winchesters the killer you really are, Vidis,"

Kat stopped herself, hearing the name, it struck something within the back of her head, but she shook her head and slammed the butt of the rifle into the Agent's head, knocking him out. Katerina aimed the rifle when she heard footsteps coming towards her, she sighed in relief and lowered the rifle as she met the emotional gaze of the Winchesters "What took you boys so long?"