Bedtime Stories [5]

Dr. Garrison looked between Katerina and Callie's body, before sighing "Callie? Callie, it's Daddy. It's me, Daddy. Is it true? Mommy did that to you? I-I know I wasn't listening before, but I'm listening now. Daddy's here. Please honey, is-is there any way that you can tell me?"

Katerina felt the drop in temperate before she noticed Callie's spirit standing beside the bed "Doctor..." she nodded towards Callie.

"Is it true?" Dr. Garrison asked Callie.

Callie's spirit nodded.

"Oh-I'm so sorry, baby." Dr. Garrison cried "But listen to me. You gotta stop what you're doing, okay? You're hurting people. I know everything now. I know the truth. It's time for you to let go. It's time for me to let you go," he turned back to Callie's body in the hospital bed. Dr. Garrison caressed Callie's face and kissed her forehead tenderly.

Callie's monitors buzzed and flatlined.

Katerina turned away to allow Dr. Garrison to mourn his loss as he wept and stroked his daughter's hair.

Dr. Garrison turned, but Callie's spirit was gone.

***

Sam, Dean, and Katerina stood with Dr. Garrison in front of the nurses' station.

"And the girl's okay?" Dr. Garrison asked the boys.

Dean nodded.

Dr. Garrison sighed "So. It's really over,"

Katerina nodded "Yeah. All thanks to you,"

"Callie was the most important thing in my life. But I should've let her go a long time ago,"

"See ya 'round, Doc," Dean said.

"I sure hope not," Dr. Garrison admitted shakily. He patted Katerina on the shoulder and walked away.

"You know what he said? Some good advice," Dean nodded.

Sam huffed "Is that what you want me to do Dean? Just let you go?"

Dean didn't answer, just turned to leave.

Sam watched him walk down the corridor alone, Katerina hugged him from behind.

"We'll find a way to save him, Sam. A way that doesn't involve you dying again," Katerina's eyes glimmered as Sam merely placed a hand on her own.

***

Katerina crouched at the center of a crossroads holding open a box. She exhales the breath she had been holding as she added her SHIELD ID to the contents, closed the box, and buried it with her hands. Katerina dusted off her hands and stood, surveying the four routes of the crossroads.

"Well. Little Vidis, finally coming to play with the big boys." A Crossroads Demon smirked "I'm touched. I mean...Dean's been to see me twice, but you? I never had the pleasure,"

Katerina balled up her fists as she glared down the demon.

"What can I do for you, Vidis?"

Katerina drew the Colt and pointed it at the Crossroads Demon. "You can beg for your life,"

The Demon tilted her head to the side with a slight pout on their face "We were having such a nice conversation. Then you had to go and ruin the mood,"

"If I were you, I'd drop the wisecracks and start acting scared,"

"I'm not the one that's scared," The demon laughed "I mean come on Vidis we all know you can do so much worse than a gun,"

"Enough about me." Katerina spat "I came here to make you an offer,"

"You're gonna make me an offer? That's adorable,"

"You can let Dean out of his deal right now. He lives, Sam lives. You live. Everyone goes home happy. Or..." Katerina cocked the Colt. "You stop breathing. Permanently,"

"All this tough talk." The Demon shook her head "I have to tell you, it's not very convincing. I mean, come on Vidis. Do you even want to break the deal? I mean no Dean and you'll have Sam all to yourself..." she smirked "unless you're actually into the other brother,"

"Shut up," Katerina hissed.

"Admit it. You're here, going through the motions. But truth is...you'll be a tiny bit relieved when he's gone,"

"I said shut up!" Katerina exclaimed.

It was like a nuclear bomb had gone off, as the trees around them suddenly bent to the ground, shattered in a million of wooden shard pieces.

The Crossroad Demon smirked at the reaction. "There she is,"

"All right, I've had enough of your crap. You let Dean out of his deal right now," Katerina spat.

'Sorry sweetheart, but Dean's an adult. He made that deal of his own free will, fair and square. It's ironclad,"

"Every deal can be broken,"

"Did you learn that from mommy," The Demon teased.

"I'll kill you. If you're gone, so's the deal,"

"Guess again,"

"What?"

"Vi, I'm just a saleswoman. I got a boss like everybody. He holds the contract, not me. He wants Dean's soul, bad. And believe me. He's not going to let it go,"

"You're bluffing,"

"Am I? Shoot me, if it'll get you off. But the deal still holds, and when Dean's time is up, he's getting dragged into the pit,"

"Then who's your boss? Who holds the contract?"

"He's not as cuddly as me, I can tell you that,"

"Who. Is. It?"

"I can't tell you." The demon admitted "I'm sorry Vidis. But there's no way outta this one. Not this time,"

Katerina bit her lip in thought then lowered the gun.

"See you around, Vidis,"