Hunted

Katerina left a motel room alone, a bag over her shoulder. She walked quietly past the Impala to a small black car; Kat opened the door with a coat hanger, looking around, and got in. She drove away.

***

Katerina walked up to a mansion and watched the students that lounged around on the lawn. She walked inside and leaned against the door of one of the classrooms. Kat watched as Charles Xavier gave a lecture to about five students, she smiled when Charles looked up and noticed her.

Charles looked back at his students "Now I want your definition of weak and strong anthropic principles on Wednesday. That'll be all,"

Katerina moved to the side to let the students file out.

"Katerina," Charles greeted

"Hey, Charles," Kat grinned sheepishly "You don't seem that surprised to see me,"

"Would you be surprised if I told you that it was because Dean's been calling, worried sick, looking for you," Charles smirked.

Katerina sighed as she took a seat at one of the desks "Yeah. Figured he might,"

"What's going on between you two?"

"Would you believe me if I told you it was because I was scared?" Kat didn't look up at the Professor as she looked down at her hands, shaking from the memory of how she was able to see the ghostly shadowy form of the hellhounds. Katerina finally found the courage to look Charles in the eyes "I need your help,"

***

Charles and Katerina entered Cerebro. The Professor positioning the helmet onto his head. "What am I looking for, Katerina?"

"Other people, other psychics, like me. As many as possible, and I need a nationwide search," Kat explained "Start with those who had nursery fires,"

Charles watched as Katerina kept balling and unballing her fists "Perhaps it best if you wait outside..."

Kat nodded her head in agreement "Perhaps you're right,"

***

Charles rolled out of the room with a piece of paper in his hand.

"That was fast," Katerina noted as Charle handed her the paper.

"Five folks fit the profile nationwide," Charles explained

"Five?" Kat asked in shock "That's it?"

"Sam Winchester from Lawrence, Kansas, Max Miller from Saginaw, Michigan, Andrew Gallagher from Guthrie, Oklahoma, and Scott Carey," Charles listed

"You got an address?"

"The Arbor Hill Cemetery in Lafayette, Indiana. Plot four-eighty-six,"

"So he's dead?"

"Killed, about a month ago,"

"Killed how?"

"Stabbed. Parking lot,"

"All right." Katerina hugged the Professor "Thank you," she grabbed the papers and headed for the door when she bumped into Raven.

"Where are you going?" Raven asked

"Indiana," Kat looked back at the girl. "Look, when this is all over...I promise we'll hang out, k?"

"Mmhm," Raven hummed as she crossed her arms watching the brunette leave in her 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS. She didn't even turn when Charles came up next to her "You going to call the boys?"

Charles sighed "Do I have a choice?"