Hunted Pt. 5

Sam and Dean walked down the steps from the cabin, Katerina staggering away from it.

"What about Gordon?" Kat asked

"Taken care of," Dean said as Gordon and the HYDRA agent emerged, guns in hand, and began firing.

Sam, Dean, and Katerina ducked and ran for cover.

"Come on!" Sam ordered

They dove into a ditch by the side of the road and huddled, watching as the duo approached.

"You call this taken care of?" Katerina quipped, she reached for her gun but Dean took it away from her "What the hell are you doing?"

"Just trust us on this, all right?" Dean asked. As Gordon and the HYDRA agent approached, three police cars, sirens blaring, pulled into the clearing and surrounded the duo.

Cops emerged, weapons ready. "Drop your weapons! Get down on your knees!"

"Do it, now!"

Sam and Dean grinned at each other as Gordon dropped to his knees.

The HYDRA agent locked eyes with Katerina as he raised his weapon once more "Cut off one head..." he warned.

"Drop your weapon!"

"Two more shall take its place,"

Katerina didn't even flinch when the cop fired his weapon, and the HYDRA agent's body fell to the ground. But at the same time she felt relief that a HYDRA follower had been demolished, she felt rage, rage that the cop killed her only lead of finding out answers...answers that only the now dead corpse could have provided her. She watched as a cop cuffed Gordon and patted him down, then led Gordon to a squad car.

Another opened the back door of Gordon's red car and pulled out the weapons rack.

"Anonymous tip," Sam explained

Katerina shook her head in disbelief "You boys are fine upstanding citizens,"

***

Katerina sat on one of the beds of a motel room she and the boys had decided to stop at. She had her laptop in front of her as well as her phone in one ear as she talked to Ellen.

"Gordon Walker was hunting you and Sam?" Ellen asked over the phone.

"Yeah, he almost killed all three of us because somebody over there can't keep their friggin' mouth shut," Kat grunted as she typed away, hacking into the SHIELD database.

"And you honestly think that it was me? Or Ash? Or Jo? No way,"

"Well somebody was talking to somebody,"

"Hey, you can say a lot of things about us. But we are not disloyal. And we're not stupid. We haven't breathed a word of this,"

Kat sighed as she leaned against the headrest of the bed "Gordon said he had Roadhouse and SHIELD connections, Ellen,"

"Have you called him about this?"

Katerina scoffed "We're an agency filled with spies and assassins...no I didn't call my father about this. My own file is blacked out beyond recognition, the meeting involving the Winchesters was behind closed and locked doors only my father, the Director, and I were in the room... so whoever got this information is either higher up the food chain next to Director Fury or they're doing what I'm doing and cutting through the red tape."

"This roadhouse is full of other hunters. They're all smart. They're good trackers. Each of them with their own patterns and connections. Look, hell, I could name twelve of them right now that are capable of putting this together..."

Katerina straightened up.

"But I'm not ratting them out, because it's like you said...endless possibilities." Ellen sighed on the other end of the telephone "I am sorry about what happened, Kat. But I can't control these people. Or what they choose to believe,"

"I understand...and I didn't mean to accuse you of all this...it's just been stressful. But if anything comes up?"

"I'll keep my ears peeled,"

"Thank you," Kat hung up the phone and huffed as she went back to looking at the scrawling screen of code. Not even looking up when she felt the bed dip and a pair of arms wrap around her waist.

"You ever take off like that again..." Sam said into her neck as he nuzzled his head into the crook of her shoulder.

"What? You'll kill me?" Katerina questioned only to yelp when she found herself laying on the bed, he computer clattering to the floor as she looked up into Sam's hazel eyes.

"That is so not funny,"

"All right" Katerina moved her leg so she could flip Sam over and she would be on top but Sam caught on to what she was trying to do and pushed her back.

"I'm being serious," Sam glared at Kat, allowing her to see that he was indeed being serious.

"All right," Kat said softly.

"Why did you leave?"

Katerina moved to sit up but Sam pushed her back down. "Sam..."

"Sweetheart I can do this all night,"

"I was scared," Kat admitted, "With all that's been going on with the visions, the hellhounds...and with what Gordon and the Agent said..."

Sam moved his hand to lift Katerina's chin so she was looking up at him "They were trying to get in your head...whatever they told you they were lying,"

"So what now?"

"Dean's recommended we go to Amsterdam,"

"Sam!" Katerina laughed

"Come on, I hear the coffee shops don't even serve coffee,"

"I'm not just gonna ditch the job,"

"Screw the job," Sam said as he leaned back into Katerina's neck. "I'm sick of the job anyway. I mean, we don't get paid, we don't get thanked. The only thing we get's bad luck,"

"You're a hunter. It's what you were meant to do,"

"I wasn't meant to do anything, I don't believe in that destiny crap,"

"You mean you don't believe in my destiny,"

"Yeah, whatever,"

"You can't run from this. And you can't protect me,"

Sam looked down at her "I can try,"

Katerina closed the gap between them as she kissed Sam. "Where's Dean?"

"I might have sent him on a wild goose chase for America's greatest pie. Why?"

"Because I was expecting your one word to go in a whole other direction," Katerina smirked, "I mean, what's the point in saving the world if you can't get a little nookie once in a while, huh?"

Sam chuckled "I love you,"

Katerina smiled as she and Sam deepened the kiss.