The Well Pt. 5

"Katerina, what's happening?" Coulson asked

Fitz turned his tablet so Coulson could see what it said "Her device just went down,"

***

"Skye, can you get-" Coulson said on the comm

"Already on it," Skye turned a corner and looked down then rushed forward. "KC,"

Katerina was collapsed on the ground. Skye reached her and when she touched Kat she let out a loud gasp and quickly scrambled away, almost afraid as she aimed her gun at Skye.

"Hey, hey, hey. Who, who, whoa. KC, calm down. Calm down, please,"

Katerina was panting with fright but finally when Skye's words got to her and she calmed a bit. Her breathing became more steady. "The staff, he has it,"

"Somethings wrong with KC. The staff's gone, someone took it,"

***

Coulson was exiting the SUV "He can't just disappear. He'll have to turn up some-" Coulson and Fitz heard someone yelling behind Coulson and a whooshing sound. "Where." he turned to look behind himself and saw a car tossed into the street landing on its roof. "There we go. A block south of the church," Coulson started in that direction.

Coulson ran around a corner. Elliot was picking books up off the pavement and putting thme back inside his bag. Coulson ran over to him and Elliot looked up and sat down hard on his butt. "Professor,"

"I screwed up,"

***

Katerina was sitting on a stool with her shirt off and various monitors attached to her body. Fitz-Simmons were taking readings of everything while Skye and Ward stood nearby.

"This is ridiculous," Ward claimed

"It's anything but. KC passed out. And she wasn't acting right," Skye told him

"Coulson ordered me to give you a full work-up, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Um, before you lost consciousness, were you feeling claustrophobic?" Simmons asked

"Why?" Kat asked

"She's ruling out a panic attack," Fitz explained

"It wasn't a panic attack,"

"There we go, ruled out," Simmons said

"Touching the staff caused it, right?" Skye asked

Katerina looked at her nodded a bit.

"Any residual effects? Are you exhibiting any extra s-strength?" Simmons asked

Ward cast a glance to a camera feed of the holding cell. Coulson was inside with Eliot. The feed of the holding cell was being fed onto the big screen in the lab. "Why don't we find out on that guy?"

"Why don't we not do that?" Skye insisted

"What's the last thing you remember before you lost consciousness?" Fitz asked Kat

Katerina clenched her fists as yellow eyes filled her vision.

"This is a waste of time," Ward exclaimed "We need to find the staff,"

"What exactly do you remember?" Fitz asked Katerina again

Kat got out of the chair putting her hand on the blood pressure cuff on her opposite arm and pulling it out. She stood up and began to leave the lab "Something my father didn't want me to remember,"