Sin City [4]

"Looks like the maid's day off," Dean noted as he followed Casey into the basement.

Casey looked around in surprise.

"Everything okay?" Dean asked

Casey smiled as she kissed Dean "Make yourself comfortable,"

"Oh, I forgot to mention..." Dean said as he strolled casually around "Richie was a friend of mine. When I realized I could track the GPS in his cellphone, I swung by earlier. Give him a proper burial. It's better than rotting in some skank's basement,"

Casely launched herself at Dean but was stopped by an invisible barrier.

"Oops." Dean knelt down and peeled back the corner of the rug, which was covering a devil's trap he had drawn. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Isn't that a buzz kill? Sorry, sister, but you're going back to where you came from,"

Casey laughed "I don't think so,"

Dean took out his father's journal and began to read in Latin "Spiritus immunde, undolara. Pasonitote..."

Casey closed her eyes as if meditating, and suddenly a breeze was blowing into Dean's face, spinning the chandelier above Casey.

Dean recollected himself and began reading again. "Spiritus immunde, undo..."

The pages from Dean's book were pulled off by the mystical breeze. As he looked down at the book all the pages flew off and the book as well.

Casey opened her eyes and smiled.

A giant crack formed on the floor. Suddenly the bricks around the door caved in.

Dean looked shocked and turned to look at Casey, who looked pleased "What you are you laughing at, bitch? You're still trapped,"

"So are you..." Casey noted "bitch,"

Dean examined the rockfall.

"Lose something?"

Dean laughed "All you demons have such smart mouths,"

"It's a gift,"

"Yeah, well. Let's see if you're smiling when I send your ass back to Hell,"

"Without your little exorcism book? Hey, go ahead,"

"Siritus immunde..." Dean stumbled "un, uh..."

"Having a little trouble there, sport?"

Dean cleared his throat and began again "Spritus immunde, undolare, Pasonitote." he took a break, trying and failing to remember the next phrase.

"Nice try, but I think...you just ordered a pizza. Guess you should have paid more attention in Latin class,"

"Hey," Dean snapped "I don't know what you're smiling about. You're not going anywhere,"

"And, apparently, neither are you,"

"Yeah, but I got somebody coming for me, and, uh...they did pay attention in class,"

"Oh, which one. The brains of the operation or the cute agent girl?"

"What do you know about Kat?"

"You think you boys are famous?" Casey laughed "You should hear the talk that revolves around your kitten,"

"Well, that's...flattering,"

"So...who do you think is gonna show up first?" Kasey teased.

Dean looked at her in confusion.

"What, you thought I was flying solo?" Casey laughed "You shouldn't underestimate, Dean, it might be the death of you. You can give me hard eyes all you want, but the fact remains, we just have to wait and see who shows up first..." she smiled "The calvary or the Indians,"

***

Sam approached the current bartender at Trotter's bar. "Excuse me. Hi,"

"What can I get for you?" The Barman asked.

"Um, you remember the guy I was with last night? We sat right here. Umm..."

"The big here who jumped on Reggie,"

"Yeah, yeah. The-the big hero. Right. Um, have you seen him around at all today?"

"Maybe." The Barman shrugged "Depends,"

"D-depends on what?"

The Barman raised an eyebrow.

Sam caught on "Oh my-Does everyone around here have their hand out?" he sighed and pulled out some money and handed it to the Barman.

"He left with Casey about an hour ago,"

"Any idea where they went?"

"Her place...for Bible study,"

"All right, you got an address?"

"What's wrong with you? You think I'm gonna give you a co-worker's address, just so you can go over there and get your freaky peeping-tom rocks off?"

Sam handed more money over.

The Barman continued "Corner of Piermont and Clinton. Have fun,"

***

Dean was moving a wine cask over to an opening. He held out his cell phone to try to get a signal.

"Why don't you relax?" Casey wondered.

"Why don't you kiss my ass?" Dean retorted.

"Why, Dean, you're a poet. I had no idea. Look, we won't have any effect on the outcome of this. We might as well be civil,"

"Civil, huh?" Dean scoffed "Killing Richie-that was, that was civil? The guy was harmless,"

"That knife he pulled on me? Didn't look so harmless,"

"Ah, a knife wouldn't hurt you,"

"No, but it would damage this body. And Casey has such a fine body, I wouldn't want to see it ripped,"

Dean laughed sarcastically "A demon with a heart. Wow. Well, you know, there's a bunch of dead people in town that might disagree with you,"

"Hey, I didn't pull any triggers,"

"Yeah? You did something,"

"You want to know what I did what I really did? I had lunch,"

"Lunch?" Dean asked.

"Me and Trotter. He had a cheeseburger, I had a salad, and I just pointed out the money that could be made with a few businesses that cater to harmless vice. So Trotter built it, and, man, did they come. Supposedly God-fearing folk, waist-deep in booze, sex, gambling. I barely lifted a finger,"

"That's it?"

"You don't get it. All you got to do is nudge humans in the right direction. Some whiskey here, a hooker there, and they'll walk right into hell with big, fat smiles on their faces. Your kind is corrupt, Dean. Weak. Our will's stronger. That's why we'll win,"

"And that's how it ends?"

"No. That's how it begins,"

***

Sam knocked on the door of Casey's home.

The door swung open and Sam looked at it but decided to go through it anyway.

"Dean?" Sam called out as he looked around. Sam stepped on little pink piggy slippers that made a disturbing sound.

Looking at a picture of Casey with a guy, and a cross necklace hanging on top of it, Sam saw behind it a yellow powder.

Sam sniffed it "Sulfur,"