Crossroad Blues Pt. 4

The barking was growing louder and closer. I watched as the hellhounds surrounded the circle

I pushed Sam and Evan closer to the center of the circle "No! Back inside the circle!"

Deep claw marks were gouged into the floor in a path towards the circle; they stopped just before the edge.

Sam, Evan, and I backed away slowly, the wind was starting to eat away at our protective circle. "Circle's broken. Come on!" Sam pulled Evan and me out of the room and down the hall.

We darted into a storeroom and slammed the door behind us. Sam braced himself against it and the hellhounds started to pound it down.

The violent pounding stopped; everything went quiet. Sam and I looked around, panting.

***

Dean was driving down a dark road as Sam brooded beside him, with Katerina watching the world pass by quietly.

"Demons lie all the time, right? Maybe she was lying," Sam said

"Come on. That really what you think?" Dean questioned

Sam looked down.

"How could he do it?" Dean asked

"He did it for you," Sam replied

"Exactly. How am I supposed to live with that? You know, the thought of him...wherever he is right now. I mean, he spent his whole life chasing that...yellow-eyed son of a bitch. HE should have gone out fighting. That was supposed to be his legacy. You know? Not bargaining with the damn thing. Not this,"

"How many people do you think Dad saved? Total?"

"That's not the point, Sam,"

"Evan Hudson is safe because of what Dad taught us. That's his legacy, Dean. But we're still here, man. So we gotta keep going, for him,"