The Well Pt. 6

The group entered a monastery.

"Well, it's been awhile. I wonder-ah, yes. There it is. Still here," Elliot walked to the front of the room where a book was set up on a stand. "Well, the nose isn't quite right, but..." he was looking at a drawing of a man, he was wearing long robes and was holding the staff.

"That's you?" Fitz asked

"Yeah, they venerated me a bit as a saint,"

"They're idiots," Ward claimed he was standing behind them and they all turned to look at him. "Where's the staff?"

"It's upstairs." Elliot led the way and the others followed. Skye and Coulson trailed in the back. He led with May, Ward, and Katerina following behind and the rest behind them.

"It's quiet," Kat noted

"Why do you think I trusted them with my secret? They took a vow of silence," Elliot was standing in front of some sort of cabinet and was working on getting it open. However, Jakob appeared from behind one of the walls holding the staff.

"But when you get them talking, they squeal," Jakob held the staff high and stabbed Elliot in the chest with it, Elliot went down. "If you want to defeat a God, you must become one," Jakob was holding a piece of staff in his hand and was pointing it at the group. Katerina bent down to Elliot, grabbed the staff sticking out of his chest. The staff once again glowed orange as did Kat's hand-she panted with the rage filling her. She once again saw flashes of flames and yellow eyes as she pulled the staff from Elliot's chest and screamed. She threw herself at Jakob and they both went over the banister railing to the floor below.

Jakob recovered from the fall first, he picked Katerina up like she weighed nothing and slammed her back down to the ground. Coulson, May, Skye, and Ward were all still upstairs looking down at what was happening.

"We need to help her!" Skye ran off, May and Ward looked after her then to Coulson.

"I'll get her," May said

Fitz-Simmons were both over Elliot trying to save his life. Simmons was doing chest compressions while Fitz looked on, Coulson and Ward walked over.

"How is he?" Coulson asked

"I don't know what to do. He's not human," Simmons said

"He's dying," Ward said

"We know, but she doesn't understand his anatomy," Fitz explained

Coulson grimaced and shoved his hand into the hold in Elliot's chest, much to the disgust of Fitz-Simmons and Ward.

"And I'm even w-what in God's name?" Simmons asked

"Oh, my God,"

"Sometimes you have to jump in and figure things out. Now, Asgardians regenerate faster than we do. Maybe we can keep him alive long enough-" Coulson explained

"For his body to heal itself," Simmons finished

"Okay, what am I looking for?"

"His heart,"

***

Downstairs, Katerina was pretty effectively being thrown around the room. She hit a wall landing with a thud. When she got up her face was already pretty battered. She paused for a moment as she found herself looking over the comatose body of Dean Winchester, as Dean himself looked at her.

"Kat?"

The vision was enough for Katerina to stand and hit Jakob when he got close.

***