The Benders Pt. 2

~Sheriff's Department~

A deputy, Kathleen, was looking at Dean's fake ID. Sam had voted on staying at the motel and looking over their dad's research in hopes of finding out what took her and where. "So, what can we do for you, Officer Washington?"

"I'm working a missing persons," Dean replied

"I didn't know the Jenkins case was being covered by the state police,"

"Oh, no. No, there's someone else. Actually, it's my girlfriend. We were havin' a few last night at this bar down by the highway. And I haven't seen her since,"

"Does your girlfriend have a drinking problem?"

"No, she wasn't drunk. She was taken." Kathleen nodded and sat down at her computer. Dean followed her and sat also.

"Alright. What's her name?"

"Coulson. Katerina Coulson,"

Kathleen typed Katerina's name in the computer and brought up her police record. She observed the page. "Katerina Coulson. So, you know that her mother died when she was 6 months old in a house fire..." Dean tried to look nonchalant "Well, she's not showing up in any current field reports,"

"Oh, I already have a lead. I saw a surveillance camera by the highway,"

"Uh-hu. The county traffic cam?"

"Right. Yeah. I'm thinking the camera picked up whatever took her. Or, whoever,"

"Well, I have access to the traffic cam footage down at the county works department, but-well, anyhow, let's do this the right way." she stood up and got some paperwork from a filing cabinet. "Why don't you fill out a missing persons report and sit tight over here?" she handed him a clipboard.

"Well, tell me something. Your county has its fair share of missing persons. Any of 'em come back?" Kathleen looked sad "I'm bringin' her back,"

***

~Unknown location~

Katerina was asleep in a cage. She jerked awake and observed her surroundings. She rattled the bars of the cage. She looked around and noticed Jenkins asleep in a cage next to her.

***

~County Works Department~

Dean was sitting on a bench outside. Kathleen came behind him, holding printouts of the camera footage.

"Greg," Kathleen called out. Dean saw her and stood up. "I think we've got something." she handed him the printouts and he looked through them. "These traffic cams take an image every three seconds, as part of the Amber Alert program. These images were all taken around the time that your girlfriend, Katerina, disappeared,"

"This really isn't what I'm looking for," Dean claimed.

"Just wait, wait-next one." he turned the page and saw an image of a rusty truck driving. "This one was taken right after Katerina left the bar. Look at the back end of that thing. Now, look at the plates." Dean turned another page and saw a close-up image of the truck's license plates.

"Oh, the plates look new. It's probably stolen,"

"So, whoever's driving that rust bucket must be involved." A beat-up van drove by. Its engine was whining loudly.

"Hear that engine?"

"Yeah,"

"Kind of a whining growl, isn't it?"

"Sure," Dean stared at the van as it drove away.

"I'll be damned," Dean muttered to himself.

***