All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 7

Sam's corpse was lying on a mattress.

Dean sitting next to Sam, grieving. "You know, when we were little-and Sam couldn't be more than 5-he just started asking questions. How come we didn't have a mom? Why do we always have to move around? Where had Dad gone when he'd take off for days at a time? I remember I begged him, 'Quit asking, Sammy. Man, you don't want to know.' I just wanted Sam to be a kid...Just for a little while longer. I always tried to protect him...Keep Sam safe...Dad didn't even have to tell me. It was just always my responsibility, you know? It's like I had one job...I had one job...and I screwed it up. I blew it. And for that, I'm sorry." he wiped tears from his face "I guess that's what I do. I let down the people I love. I let Sam down. And now I guess I'm just supposed to let you down, too. How can I? How am I supposed to live with that?" Dean cried "What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to do, Katerina?" Dean sighed as he heard the voicemail beep "Where are you?"

***

"I've been waiting for you for a very long time." The Yellow-Eyed Demon said as he brushed a piece of Katerina's hair "You're my leader. You open that crypt, and you will have your army,"

"I don't want an army," Kat said bitterly. "I want him back,"

"And I can give you that...a better world, where he's protected. More than that. You and he will be royalty..."

"And Dean? He'll be under the same protection?"

The Yellow-Eyed Demon cross his heart "You have my word,"

Katerina finally looked at the Yellow-Eyed Demon in the eyes "Why me?"

"It's in your blood,"

***

Dean was driving recklessly, looking pale and determined. He stopped on a dirt road and inserted several items into a box, including a photo ID of himself. Dean buried the box in the middle of a crossroads and stood.

Several seconds passed in silence, as Dean looked right and left "Oh come already. Show your face, you bitch!"

Suddenly, a beautiful woman in a black dress appeared "Easy sugar, you'll wake the neighbors." her eyes flashed red for a moment "Dean. It is so, so good to see you." she inhaled sharply "I mean it. Look at you. Gone and got your family killed. All alone in the world. It's too sweet. Excuse me, you're gonna have to give me a moment." The demon walked to Dean, face to face. "Sometimes you gotta stop and smell the roses,"

"I should send you straight back to hell,"

"Oh, you should. But you won't. And I know why,"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Following in Daddy's footsteps. You wanna make a deal. Little Sammy back from the dead, and-let me guess-you're offering up your soul?"

"There are a hundred other demons who'd love to get their hands on it. And it's all yours. All you got to do is bring Sam back. And give me ten years-ten years, and then you come for me,"

"You must be joking,"

"That's the same deal you give everybody else,"

"You're not everybody else." The Demon whispered in Dean's ear "Why would I want to give you anything? Keep your gutter soul. It's too tarnished, anyway,"

Dean nodded "Nine years,"

"No,"

"Eight,"

The Demon laughed "You keep going, I'll keep saying no,"

"Okay, five years. Five years and my bill will come due. That's my last offer-five years or no deal,"

The Demon leaned in as if for a kiss "Then no deal,"

"Fine,"

"Fine." The demon walked way "Make sure you bury Sam before he starts stinking up the joint,"

Dean flinched "Wait,"

"It's a fire sale, and everything must go," The Demon said softly

"What do I have to do?"

"First of all, quit groveling. Needy guys are such a turnoff." The Demon sighed "Look...Look, I shouldn't be doing this. I could get in a lot of trouble. But what can I say? I got a blind spot for you, Dean. You're like a...puppy. You're just too fun to play with." She sighed again "I'll do it,"

"You'll bring him back?"

"I will. And because I'm such a saint, I'll give you one year, and one year only. But here's the thing. If you try and welch or weasel your way out, then the deal is off. Sam drops dead. He's back to rotten meat in no time. So...It's a better deal than your dad ever got. What do you say?"

Dean grabbed the demon and kissed her to seal the deal.

***

Sam's eyes opened wide and he sat upon the mattress, looking around, confused, and breathing heavily. Sam stood up in front of the mirror, examining his back, wincing, with a look of pain. There was a scar from where the knife was stabbed into his spine. In the distance, a door opened and Dean entered the room.

"Sammy? Thank god," Dean pulled Sam into a tight embrace.

"Hey," Sam greeted only to hiss in pain "Owwww. Uh, Dean..."

Dean released Sam "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, man. I'm just...I'm just happy to see you up and around, that's all,"

Sam nodded, looking puzzled.

"Come on, sit down,"

Both sat down at the table.

"Okay. Dean...what happened to me?" Sam asked

"Well, what do you remember?" Dean question

"I-I saw you and Bobby, and..." Sam's eyes widened "KC..." he looked at Dean "Where's Kat?!"

"She went after the kid that stabbed you in the back," Dean admitted, "Full-on SHIELD mode, no one has heard from her...."

"Does she know, that I'm..."

"You lost a lot of blood, you know...It was touch and go for a while. Didn't want to call her until we knew for sure,"

"But Dean, you can't-you can't patch up a wound that bad,"

"No, Bobby could. Who was that kid, anyway?"

"His name's Jake. We got to go find him, Dean. And I swear I'm gonna tear that son of a bitch apart," Sam stood up with Dean then followed suit

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, Van Damme. You just woke up, all right? And like I said, Katerina's on the case, she'll find the guy. Let's get you something to eat. Huh? You want something to eat?"

Yellow-EyedSam nodded "I'm starving. Come on,"