Born Under A Bad Sign Pt. 2

A jukebox started playing The Doors "Crystal Ship". Nearby, Sam was tying Katerina in a sitting position to a wide wooden post.

Kat slowly woke up "What the hell is going on? What are you doing?"

"So what exactly did you dad tell you about your mom?" Sam asked

"You're not Sam,"

"Don't be so sure about that. Answer the question,"

Katerina didn't say anything; Sam sighed heavily and went around to the other side; he sat in front of her, leaning in, his expression shifting to one of open concern.

Sam pulled out a large knife and stroked Katerina's face with it. "Come on. It's me. You can tell me anything, you know that. Answer. The question,"

"Fine," Kat said

"Fine,"

"My father told me my mother died in a car crash, I was still an infant so I don't really remember her unless it's through pictures my dad showed me. But she didn't die in a car crash, she died protecting me from the yellow eyed demon and died in a house fire,"

Sam got up and went around to stand behind Katerina "Hmm. Not quite," he said leaning in from behind Kat.

"What?"

"What? You really don't know the truth, do you?"

"It is the truth...I found the..." Kat stopped

"You found the files your father wanted you to find," Sam sat facing Katerina again, leaning in close. "You see, Anya Coulson...she doesn't exist. She was never real,"

"You're lying,"

"I'm not. It's true, and here's the cherry on top." Sam's voice changed to a quiet singsong tone "You're daddy's not your real daddy..."

"How could you know that?"

"I hear things," Sam stood up and stabbed the knife into the pillar, just above head level. "Open up." he shoved a knotted rag in Katerina's mouth and tied it around her neck. "That's a girl,"

The door burst open and Dean entered, gun out.

"Sam!" Dean exclaimed

Sam grabbed the knife from the pillar and placed the knife at Kat's throat. "I begged you to stop me, Dean,"

"Put the knife down, dammit,"

"I told you I can't fight it! My head feels like it's on fire, all right?! Dean. Kill me, or I'm going to kill her. Please. You'd be doing me a favor! Shoot me." Sam turned to face Dean arms spread "Shoot me!"

Dean looked at Katerina out of the corner of his eye "No, Sammy, come on," Dean turned away, lowering the gun.

"What the hell's wrong with you, Dean? Are you that scared of being alone that you'd rather let Kat die?"

Dean turned suddenly, flinging water from a flask at Sam; the water hissed and steamed as it struck him. "That's holy water, you demonic son of a bitch!"

Sam raised his head; his eyes were a solid black of a demon's.

Dean flung more holy water at him; Sam growled, turned and ran, bursting through a window and fleeing. Dean took the knife and cut Katerina free; she pulled the gag out of her mouth as Dean ran toward the shattered the window.

"He was possessed?!" Kat exclaimed

Dean turned and stared at her for a moment, then leapt through the window.

"Dean!"