Nightmare

Sam started up from his bed, suddenly wide awake. He looked across to where Dean was sleeping peacefully. Sam sat a moment, then moved into action, flipping on the light switch and shaking his brother. "Dean. Dean,"

The moment Dean stirred, Sam rose and started gathering his things. Dean rubbed his eyes "What are you doing man, it's the middle of the night," Dean raised himself on his elbows.

"We have to go. Right now," Sam grabbed his bag and walked out, only to be met by Katerina.

"Oh, good you boys are up," she smiled

Dean looked at her confused and at the bed she used to be in "When did..."

"I have serious insomnia issues, so I went for a run," she shrugged as if it were nothing before picking up her own bag "So we leaving or what?"

***

Sam was reading from a Michigan State Police ID "McCreedy. Detective McCreedy. Badge number 158. I've got a signal 480 in progress, I need the registered owner of a two door sedan, Michigan license plate Mary-Frank-six-zero-three-seven. Yeah ok, just hurry,"

"Sammy relax." Dean told him "I'm sure it's just a nightmare,"

I bit my lip as I turned to look out the window "Yeah, tell me about it," Sam sighed

"I mean it. Y'know, a normal, everyday, naked-in-class, nightmare. This license plate, it won't check out. You'll see,"

But it does check out, I had JARVIS check for it earlier. "It felt different Dean." Sam explained "Real. Like when I dreamt about our old house. And Jessica,"

"Yeah, that makes sense. You're dreaming about our house, your girlfriend. This guy in your dream, you ever seen him before?"

"No,"

"No. Exactly. Why would you have premonitions about some random dude in Michigan,"

"I don't know,"

"Me neither,"

"Yes I'm here," Sam said into the phone

Dean glanced back at me "What about you?"

"Hmm,"

"Going for a run in the middle of the night..."

"I told you insomnia," I could tell Dean wasn't believing a word of the story, so I was thankful when Sam hung up the phone.

"Jim Miller. Saginaw, Michigan." same name I received "How far are we?" Sam asked

"From Saginaw?" Dean asked his gaze never leaving mine "Coupla hours,"

"Drive faster,"

***

The Impala cruised to a stop, and we saw the Emergency vehicles and someone on a stretcher being zipped into a body bag. I opened my door and approached the watching crowd "What happened?"

"Suicide." A woman replied "Can't believe it,"

Sam came up behind and stood on the woman's other side "Did you know them?"

"Saw him in every Sunday at St. Augustines. He always seems...seemed, so normal. I guess you never know what's going on behind closed doors,"

"Guess not," Dean's voice caused me jump as I looked next to me and saw him staring straight ahead.

"How did..." Sam started "ahh. How are they saying it happened?"

"I heard they found him in the garage, locked inside his car with the engine running," The woman replied