Red Sky at Morning [3]

Dean turned off the radio, everyone in the Impala sulking from the recent loss. "You wanna say it, or should I?"

"What?" Sam asked.

"We can't save everybody,"

"Yeah, right. So-so, what? You feel better now or what?"

"No, not really,"

"Me neither,"

Dean looked back at Katerina "What about you? You froze back there,"

Katerina shook her head "Still getting used to all this. I don't know, you're telling me you didn't see him,"

"See Peter Warren drown in his own saliva? Yeah, I saw," Sam huffed.

Katerina shook her head "No the guy in the passenger seat, he looked like he had jumped in a pool or something,"

"You saw a ghost, KC. Do we need to put you on training wheels or something?" Dean teased.

"I know it was a ghost, Dean! It just...I don't know, felt different,"

***

"Dear, God," Bela said as she walked into where the Winchesters and Katerina were currently squatting. "Are you actually squatting?" she looked over at Katerina "That's beneath you, what Daddy take away your safe houses?"

"There are houses?!" Dean argued causing Katerina to roll her eyes.

"It's charming," Bela mused. "So, how did things go last night with Peter?"

"Oh, go ahead and rub the salt in the wound," Katerina muttered bitterly. "You already know,"

"Look, I think the four of us should have a heart-to-heart,"

"That's assuming you have a heart," Dean argued.

"Why don't you ask Kitty," Bela smirked.

Katerina glared at the brunette con.

Bela sighed "I'm sorry about what I said before, okay? I come bearing gifts." Bela rubbed Katerina's arm "You used to love my gifts,"

Katerina glanced over at the boys, both men looked away instantly. "What is it this time?"

"I've ID'ed the ship," Bela took out a folder and handed a photo to Katerina. "It's the Espirito Santo, a merchant sailing vessel. Quite a colorful history. In 1859, a sailor was accused of treason. He was tried aboard ship in a kangaroo court and hanged. He was 37,"

"Explains the 37-year cycle," Katerina pointed out.

"Aren't you a sharp tack?" Bela flirted. "There's a photo of him somewhere,"

While Bela looked for the picture, Katerina went over to her sketchpad.

"Here." Bela proclaimed.

Katerina showed the boys her sketch "It's a match,"

"You saw him?" Bela asked.

"Yeah," Katerina shrugged "Except he was missing a hand,"

"His right hand,"

Katerina turned towards Bela "How did you know?"

"The sailor's body was cremated after cutting his hand. They made a hand of glory,"

"A hand of glory?" Dean questioned. "I think I got one at the end of my Thai massage,"

"Gross," Katerina muttered.

"The right hand of a hanged man is an occult object," Sam explained. "It's very powerful,"

"So they say," Bela said.