No Exit Pt. 4

The Impala zoomed quietly down a dark road. Dean was driving. Jo was in the seat behind him. Dean glanced nervously to his right; Jo's eyes flickered to Dean. Katerina sat in the middle seat between Sam and Jo, looking straight ahead at Ellen, who stared at the road with a set jaw. Dean glanced at her again before he spoke.

"Boy, you, you really weren't kidding about flying out, were you?" Dean asked

Ellen gave no reaction whatsoever; Sam and Katerina exchanged a look.

"How about we listen to some music?" Dean flicked the radio on:

                   You're as cold as ice...

Ellen reached forward and flicked the radio off. Katerina and Sam exchanged another look, and Dean glanced back as if for assistance. Dean sighed.

"This is gonna be a long drive," Dean groaned.

***

Ellen stormed into the Roadhouse, dragging Jo by the elbow. Dean, Sam, and I followed.

"Ellen? This is my fault. Okay?" Dean said "I lied to you and I'm sorry. But Jo did good out there, I think her dad would be proud,"

"Don't you dare say that. Not you. I need a moment with my daughter. Alone," Ellen told us.

Sam, Dean, and I went outside.

"Welp, job's done. I say we go hit the Arby's and celebrate with curly fries," I cheered only to turn when Jo came storming out. She glared at Dean and kept stalking, so he followed.

"KC..." Sam started

"Sam, I don't want to talk about it," I admitted.

"Why not? Out of me and my brother, I'm the most understanding,"

"Because as soon as I talk about it, I'll realize that they're real...that I have premonitions, can move objects with my mind, and see people who are already dead!" I exclaimed "And I'm scared of what it all means,"

Sam placed a hand under my chin lifting it so I was looking into his eyes "Hey...it's going to be fine. We'll figure this out, okay. You are not alone in this,"

I don't remember how it happened, all I know is that it did. We were leaning close to each other, Sam still holding my chin, but his hand moved to my cheek. The gap between us growing smaller, as my own hand moved to the back of his neck until finally, our lips met.