Prologue

I knocked on the Director's door before entering, I didn't want to...I could hear the two of them arguing inside. I knew what it was about, it's what it's always been about...me. I sighed opening the door. "Agent Coulson...ever hear of knocking?" I held my hands behind my back as I stood at the door.

"Yes sir, but you and my father were shouting so loud, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Stark's satellites could hear it," the room went dead silent and I sighed "You wanted to see me, sir?"

"No...he didn't," my father challenged "Get someone else to do it," he told the director. He had been overprotective of me ever since my mother's death when I was six month's old. The only reason I ever even got into SHIELD was by me going behind his back and taking the required courses.

"Dad I'm ready. You can't keep holding me back," I said

"I'm your father and I'm saying you're not!"

I rolled my eyes and looked to Director Fury for help in the situation "Coulson..." he realized his situation "Phil. Katerina is ready and as Director I am assigning this assignment to her, with or without your consent," my father sighed and took a step back from the Director's desk. Director Fury motioned for me to step forward and I did.

"What are your orders, sir?" I asked with a smile.