Bedtime Stories [4]

Katerina grimaced as a cover was thrown over the Grandmother.

Sam and Dean walked over to the EMTs.

"Excuse me," Sam said as he and Dean showed their badges "Was she the only victim?"

"She was found by the side of the road, barely alive. Alone," The EMT explained.

"We need to find her next of kin," Dean said.

The EMT looked through the paperwork "She has a granddaughter,"

"Do you have an address?"

The EMT handed a sheet of paper to Dean.

"Thank you,"

They walked back over to Katerina.

"Hey, you find a way to stop Callie, all right?" Dean suggested.

Katerina quirked an eyebrow "What about you?"

"We're gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf." Sam said "Which is the weirdest thing I've ever said,"

Katerina shook her head as she headed further into the hospital while the boys went off looking for Red Riding Hood. She searched the corridors, looking for Dr. Garrison when she saw him up ahead. "Dr. Garrison! I need to speak with you,"

"Detective," Dr. Garrison greeted "What can I do for you?"

"It's about Callie,"

"My daughter? What about her?"

"You should sit down for this," Katerina reasoned.

Dr. Garrison shook his head in annoyance "No. What about her?"

"There's no easy way to put this." Katerina sighed "But what happened to Callie was not an accident,"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, but it's true,"

"You have no idea what happened to my daughter," Dr. Garrison turned and walked away, Katerina quickly followed behind.

"There are things you don't know, Doctor, about your wife,"

"My wife?"

"Doctor, your wife poisoned Callie,"

Dr. Garrison stopped and turned back to Katerina "Why would you say something so horrible to me?"

"Because I need your help,"

"You stay away from me, and from my daughter, you understand?"

"Doctor, this isn't...Please..."

Dr. Garrison walked into Callie's room, shutting the door in Katerina's face.

Katerina huffed and teleported herself into the hospital room.

"I'm calling security," Dr. Garrison proclaimed as he reached for the internal phone.

Katerina crossed her arms in a huff "You just watched me enter a room without opening the door, you really think security will be able to do anything? I don't have time to do this gently. But if you don't listen to me more people are going to get hurt, because Callie is going to hurt them,"

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"You're gonna think I'm crazy, but just understand me. Your daughter Callie is still here. She's a spirit,"

Dr. Garrison looked over at Callie sadly. He sat at the end of her bed before turning back to Katerina "So you've seen her too." Dr. Garrison sighed "I sensed her...Callie. Her presence, her scent. I even saw her standing at the foot of my bed but I never...believed it, I thought I was dreaming, I..."

"It wasn't a dream." Katerina admitted "She looks like she did when she was eight. White dress. The red ribbon in her hair. She's been trying to talk to you,"

"You're not a cop are you?"

"Ex SHIELD agent, actually," Katerina admitted.

"But what you said about my wife poisoning Callie, that's..."

"Sir. Callie told us,"

"What?!"

"Not in so many words, but in her own way. She told us," Katerina showed the apple to Dr. Garrison.

Dr. Garrison shook his head "My wife loved Callie. So how is-how is that possible?"

"I don't know. But it is,"

"No. No I-I don't believe you,"

"Look, Callie is killing people. She's angry. She's desperate because nobody will listen to her. So you have to listen to her. Take it from someone who understands what your daughter is going through. Please, listen to your daughter," Katerina pleaded.