Born Under A Bad Sign Pt. 3

I was walking quickly through the docks, a flashlight in one hand and my cell phone in the other.

"This is Dean. Leave a message,"

I hung up the phone with a sigh of frustration and continued searching. I called again, and this time heard Dean's ringtone coming from below me, by the water. I ran down to where he was lying unconscious at the bottom of a ramp. "Dean! Dean!"

Dean woke with a groan, coughing.

"Take it easy," I told him

"Where's Sam?" Dean shuttered and groaned in pain

"I don't know, I've been looking for you. Come on, get up," I helped him to stand, and he leaned on me heavily, groaning, clutching his shoulder, as we walked back inside.

***

Dean was seated at a table in the Avengers Tower infirmary, gripping the edge with his right hand as I dug the bullet out of his left shoulder. He was groaning loudly.

"Don't be a baby!" I said

"God!" Dean hissed

"Almost. All right, got it. Got it," I dropped the bloodstained bullet in a glass of clear alcohol.

Dean took a few healthy swigs from a bottle of whiskey. "God, you're a butcher,"

"You're welcome," I muttered

"All right, are we done?"

"Would you give me two minutes to patch you up? You can't help Sam if you're bleeding to death,"

Dean took another swig as I continued layering gauze and tape over the wound.

"So, how did you know?" I asked in order to get rid of the awkward silence in the room "That he was possessed?"

"Uh, ah, I didn't, I just knew that it couldn't have been him,"

I bit my lip "Hey, Dean,"

"Yeah?"

"I know demons lie, but...do they ever tell the truth too?"

"Uh, um, yeah, sometimes, I guess. Especially if they know it'll mess with your head. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing. Doesn't matter. So do you have any idea where he's headed to next?"

"Well, so far he's been going after the nearest hunter, so...closest one I know lives in South Dakota,"

"Okay good, I'm done. Let's go,"

"Yeah." Dean stood up "You're not coming,"

"The hell I'm not. I'm a part of this now,"

"This is my fight. I'm not getting your blood on my hands. That's just how it's gonna be," Dean went to leave the room.

"JARVIS, lock the door to the infirmary," I ordered, the door immediately sealing.

Dean turned back around with a glare.

I crossed my arms "JARVIS is connected to each Avenger member, the only way you're leaving is with me leaving with you," I smiled seeing that I had won the argument.

***

Sam was tied to a chair, before a fire, and under a Devil's Trap.

Dean smacked him in the face to wake him. "Hey,"

Sam looked up, seeing the painted Devil's Trap.

Dean looked up too.

"Dean. Back from the dead. Getting to be a regular thing for you, isn't it?" Sam taunted "Like a cockroach,"

"How about I smack that smartass right out of your mouth?"

"Oh, careful, now. Wouldn't want to bruise this fine packaging," Sam winked over at me.

"Oh don't worry," I told him "this isn't gonna hurt Sam much,"

Dean turned to pick up a bucket.

"You, on the other hand..." I continued as Dean tossed a bucketful of holy water on Sam, who sizzled and roared.

"Feel like talking now?" Dean asked

"Sam's still my meat puppet. I'll make him bite off his tongue," Sam said

"No, you won't be in him long enough. Kat,"

"Exorcisamus te, omnes in Mundus spiritus omnes satanica potestas, omnes incursio..." I read

"See, whatever bitch-boy master plan you demons are cooking up? You're not getting Sam or Kat. You understand me? 'Cause I'm gonna kill every one of you first,"

Sam struggled painfully, then threw back his head and laughed maniacally.

I stopped reading the exorcism in surprise.

"You really think that's what this is about? The master plan?" Sam asked "I don't give a rat's ass about the master plan,"

"Humiliares sub potente magnu dei...." I continued

"Oops. Doesn't seem to be working. See, I learned a few new tricks." Sam lowered his head and began growling Latin "Spiritus in Mundus, un glorum suarum umitie palatum iram, domine..." The fire behind Sam flared and the room shook as he continued.

"This isn't going as I pictured!" I admitted

"What's going on, Bobby?" Dean asked looking to the older man.

Bobby noticed the burn mark on Sam's forearm as Sam continued to chant "It's a binding link! It's like a lock! He's locked himself inside Sam's body!"

"What the hell do we do?"

"I don't know!"

Sam threw back his head and screamed; the shaking walls and ceiling began to crack, breaking the protective circle. Sam's demon eyes were black as he lowered his head. "There. That's better," he jerked his head left; Bobby went flying. Sam jerked his head right; Dean went flying, landing heavily against the far wall. The holy water flask fell from Dean's hand.

Dean was flinching in pain from his shoulder.

Sam ripped free of the restraints and stalked over to Dean.

"No!" I exclaimed only for Sam to grab a hold of my hair.

"I don't care about your status. I will kill you if you get in my way," Sam threw me to the side. He looked over at Dean "You know when people want to describe the worse possible thing? They say it's like hell." Sam kneeled in front of Dean, fisting his left hand in Dean's shirt and clocking him hard with a right jab.

Dean grabbed onto Sam's shirt with his right hand.

"You know there's a reason for that. Hell is like, um..." Sam hit Dean again "Well, it's like hell. Even for demons." he hit Dean again; Dean was groggy and bleeding heavily from his nose. "It's a prison, made of bone and flesh and blood and fear." he hit Dean again; then grabbed Dean's head, holding it steady. "And you sent me back there,"

"Meg," Dean sneered

"No. Not anymore. Now I'm Sam." Meg hit Dean one more time; then dug Sam's right thumb into Dean's bullet wound. "By the way. I saw your Dad there-he says 'howdy'," Meg dug in further; Dean tried to pull Sam's hand away, groaning in pain. "All that I had to hold onto, was that I would climb out one day and that I was going to torture you. Nice and slow. Like pulling the wings off an insect." Meg shoved Dean's grasping hand away "But whatever I do to you, it's nothing compared to what you do to yourself, is it? I can see it in your eyes, Dean. You're worthless. You couldn't save your Dad, and deep down...you know that you can't save your brother or Katerina. They'd have been better off without you," Meg reared back to hit Dean again; suddenly Bobby was there, grabbing Sam's arm.

Bobby pressed a hot poker into the mark on Sam's arm; Sam screamed in pain, then screamed again as black smoke billowed out of him and up the chimney.

Dean pulled himself up painfully, stopping Katerina from going over to Sam.

Sam fell back, then came to himself, scrabbling and looking around in confusion, then grabbing his arm in sudden pain.

"Sam?" Kat asked.

"Did I miss anything?" Sam questioned.