All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 3

Jake, Sam, and Katerina were in a barn, trying to break some of the iron bars off one of the machines. Jake, however, grabbed one of the bars and ripped it off with his bare hands.

Sam stared at him, stunned.

"I'm not Captain America or anything. It's no big deal," Jake shrugged off

"Believe me I know," Kat teased as she looked Jake up and down "You don't have the ass,"

"You were in Afghanistan when this started?" Sam asked as he cleared his throat from Katerina's comment.

"Yeah, I started getting headaches. And then there was this accident. This guy flipped his vehicle on a bad road. He got pinned underneath. I lifted it off him like it was nothing. Everybody said it was a fluke adrenaline thing," Jake explained

"But then you did it again, right?" Kat questioned

"Bench-pressed 800 pounds, stone-cold calm. I never told anybody, of course. It was just too crazy,"

"Yeah. Crazy's relative," Sam agreed

"I'm starting to get that,"

"Yeah,"

"By the way, I appreciate what you two are doing here,"

Katerina and Sam shared a look "What are we doing?"

"Keeping calm. Keeping them calm. Especially considering how freaked to hell you really are. I've been in some deep crap before myself. I know the look," Jake walked off.

"You wanna know the truth?" Sam asked causing Katerina to turn towards him "Dean's always telling me how he's gonna watch out for me, how everything's gonna be okay. You know, kind of like I've been telling them,"

"Yeah?" Kat asked

"I don't know if I believe it this time. I mean, the size of what's coming-it's bigger than anyone has ever seen. I mean, it's gonna get worse. And I don't know if..."

"If we're gonna make it?" Katerina finished as she turned Sam so he was looking at her and kissed him, the two leaning their heads against each other "It doesn't matter if we believe it. Only matters that they do,"

Sam smiled softly as he kissed Kat again.

***

Later, Katerina and Ava were in one of the houses, lining the doors and windows with salt.

"My horoscope said I shouldn't have gotten out of bed." Ava scoffed "How are you doing? Holding up?"

"I'm okay." Kat claimed "What about you?"

"Not so okay. Why us, Kat? What did we do to deserve this?"

"Just lucky, I guess,"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. I just can't wait for this all to be over so I can just pretend it never happened. I just wanna curl up with Brady and watch bad TV." Ava noticed Katerina shift uncomfortably "What is it? Kat...do you know something that I don't?"

"Look, Ava...I'm sorry. This is the part of my job that I hate,"

"What?"

"When the demon broke into your house to take you...your fiancee didn't make it. I'm sorry,"

"No, that's...no!"

Katerina held Ava while she sobbed.

***

That night, the entire group was sitting in one room, silent. Katerina was struggling to stay awake, closing her eyes every so often. Suddenly, in the corner of the room, she saw the Yellow-Eyed Demon. "Sam! Behind you!"

Sam didn't hear her.

"Howdy, Vidis," The Yellow-Eyed Demon greeted