Sin City [2]

Sam and Dean pulled up to the bar in the Impala.

The town was buzzing, it looked like Mardi Gras with people wandering around with cocktails, sexy girls, and lots of action.

"I thought you said this was some boarded-up factory town," Dean mused as he looked around.

"It is." Sam admitted "At least, it's supposed to be,"

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's do some research." Dean looked excited to follow a bunch of attractive women.

From a car, a woman in a miniskirt watched Dean, then gestured for him to come.

Dean approached the car and looked at her, smiling; Sam came back to fetch Dean and smiled embarrassedly at the woman as he pulled Dean away and into a crowded bar.

People were drinking and dancing and seemed to be having a good time.

Dean was at ease, moving through the crowd like he was trying to pick out the best action.

Sam was getting bumped into and seemed to feel a little awkward and overstimulated.

Richie brushed past a woman and approached Sam and Dean. Richie was wearing a somewhat shiny orange short-sleeved shirt halfway unbuttoned to reveal a white t-shirt underneath.

"Oh, Richie. Look at you,"  Dean said as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Hey," Richie greeted.

Dean and Richie shook hands "Bringing satin back,"

"Oh, you like this? Try Thai silk-Canal Street. You'd have to pay $300 for threads like these, easy. Cost to me-fuggedaboutit,"

"How much is forget about it?" Sam laughed.

"Ah, forget about it. That's Trotter over there. He sits there all night. Can't touch him,"

"So, what do we do now?"

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna do a little investigating with that bartender," Dean smirked.

"Easy." Richie said "ME and her, we got a little...something'-somethin' lined up for later,"

"Yeah, right," Dean scoffed.

"Stings, doesn't it? All right. I got to hit the head, release the hostages. Be back in a few,"

Sam laughed at Richie's general cheesiness.

Dean shook his head "No way he gets a girl like that. I mean, look at her. You could fit that ass on a nickel,"

"You think so?" Father Gil voiced.

"Oh." Dean laughed embarrassed "Sorry, Padre,"

"Knew you boys would find your way here. They all do,"

"No offense, but what are you doing here, Father?" Sam wondered.

"Like it or not, you go where your flock is,"

The bartender, Casey, poured Father Gil a drink "Plus, the clergy drinks for free,"

"True, and a certain bartender owes me a confession,"

"Not in this lifetime, Father,"

"I better see your butt on Sunday." Father Gil looked at Dean as he left the seat "Nickel or no nickel,"

"What can I get you, boys?" Casey asked the Winchesters.

"What's your specialty?" Dean asked.

"I make a mean hurricane,"

"I guess we'll see about that,"

Sam turned to Dean, laughing "You drink hurricanes?"

"I do now," Dean smiled.

Over near the pool table, a man, Reggie, entered.

"Hi, John," Reggie said, his voice filled with no emotion.

"Reggie. Everything okay with you?" John asked.

"I don't know. I'm just not feeling myself today,"

"Hey, what are you doing?!"

Sam spotted that Reggie had a gun, Sam hit Dean and gestured toward Reggie "Hey,"

Reggie raised his gun and shot John point-blank in the forehead.

The crowd erupted in chaos.

Trotter and his hench guy stood up.

Reggie aimed the gun at his own head.

Dean tackled Reggie to the ground.

Sam surreptitiously splashed holy water on him.

Reggie seemed really surprised and outraged by being splashed with water, but didn't sizzle "What are you doing?! He slept with my wife. That bastard slept with my wife!"

"Somebody call 911!" Sam exchanged a look with Trotter.

***

Later, police cuffed Reggie and lead him away.

"Too many cops here." Sam told Dean "I say we roll,"

"Just be cool." Dean said "Poor jerk. The only thing possessing him was a sixer of Pabst,"

"So, what's the deal, then? People in this town getting possessed or not?"

"I don't know. Maybe it is just what it is-town full of scumbags,"

"Yeah." Sam sighed "Maybe,"

"You boys ready for your mug shots?" An officer asked.

Sam and Dean looked nervous and the officer hastened to reassure them.

"The photographer's gonna be here in a few, and...take your picture for the local paper,"

"Be an honor,  Officer." Dean said with fake enthusiasm "What a thrill!"

"Yep, time to go," Sam rose from his seat once the officer left them.

"Wait a second. Wait a second," Dean argued.

"What?"

"Where's Richie?"

***

Dean sat at a table in Trotter's Bar, a large burger in front of him. He was hanging up his cell phone and looked at it speculatively.

"Thanks," Sam told the barman as he returned to his and Dean's table. "You do realize there's red meat within striking distance, right?"

"How many times I got to tell Richie, he's gonna get himself in trouble?" Dean scolded.

"Dean, you're assuming he's missing. I mean, maybe he just bailed,"

"He's a moron. I mean, he's a sweet moron, but he's not a coward. He wouldn't just bail. I got to go find him,"

"All right. Meanwhile, I think I'm gonna trail this Trotter guy,"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I don't know. Something about the way he looked at me last night. Maybe there is something going on here,"

***

Bobby was shooting at a target with the restored Colt, making adjustments after he fired.

"Nice shot,"

Bobby swiftly turned and fired, but Katerina was able to freeze the bullet in the air before it hit her. "What the hell?!"

"Actually, it's quite the opposite,"