The Bridge [4]

Coulson was standing in front of the monitor which was looking over an x-ray of the dead Centipede Soldier, which had been identified as Hayward.

"On the left is Acela Amador's. Hayward's is on the right," Fitz explained.

Simmons was tending to Mike as Fitz continued talking to Coulson.

"Now, his prosthetic was slightly damaged, but based on digital reconstruction I can confirm that the technology is virtually identical,"

Skye and Katerina were standing over to the side listening in.

"Hayward's prosthetic has the same internal power source, backscatter capabilities and biometrics as Amador,"

"So Centipede also developed the eye implant?" Katerina questioned.

"These guys are serious multitaskers," Skye breathed.

"Who's Acela Amador?" Mike asked.

"Former SHIELD agent, the first person we encountered with this eye technology. A good agent who was forced to do some bad things," Coulson replied.

"We helped her," Simmons said.

"Kind of a pattern with you guys," Mike shot shifted on the table groaning as he did so. "So then these soldiers at the warehouse were forced to attack us through that eye thing?"

"They were getting orders. When the tide turned in our favor Centipede flipped Hayward's kill switch, told the other guys to run," Coulson turned and looked at Skye. "Can you track the eye feed like before, find their location?"

"Nope. They've updated since Amador. Their feed's untraceable now," Skye explained.

"Their technology keeps advancing at a disturbingly rapid pace. They must have endless manpower, resources," Katerina reasoned.

"And someone with a fat wallet,"

"Po's the strategist. Raina's the recruiter. Perhaps this Clairvoyant's the money," Simmons said.

"That makes sense." Fitz agreed "If I could see the future, I'd go straight to Las Vegas,"

"Yeah, well sometimes seeing the future is a curse," Kat reminded him.

"Whoever's behind them may or may not be psychic, but they're one step ahead of us every time," Coulson said. "I need to update HQ. This is bigger than we thought," he walked out as they all gave each other worried looks.

***

Mike was sitting with the team in the living room area of the Bus, wringing his hands together with worry after telling everyone that Raina was with his son.

"They want to trade. Ace for his father. They've set a time and place," Coulson explained.

"Bloody savages," Katerina growled.

"They want to experiment on him, determine how he still has his abilities," Simmons reasoned.

"And we're gonna let them?" Ward asked "We've fought these guys before,"

"We don't have a choice. The instructions they gave Mr. Peterson were very specific. I called HQ, told them to stand down," Coulson said.

"Stand down?" May argued.

"So we take them alone," Ward said.

"We should at least have a hostage rescue unit in support of this," Kat said, agreeing with May.

"They said they would murder my son. If we make one wrong move," Mike admitted.

"Any electronics, any comms, any sign of surveillance and they'll terminate the arrangement," Coulson said.