Born Under A Bad Sign Pt. 4

Sam was sitting behind Bobby's table with an icepack on his arm, Katerina sitting next to him. Dean was on the other side of the table groggily holding an ice bag to his face.

Bobby walked in slowly, looking concerned.

"What is it, Bobby?" Sam asked

"You boys ever hear of a hunter named Steve Wandell?" Bobby questioned

"Why do you ask?" Dean asked

"Just heard from a friend. Wandell's dead. Murdered in his own house,"

Sam swallowed, looking down.

Katerina leaned into Sam.

"You wouldn't know anything about that," Bobby continued

"No sir, never heard of the guy," Dean claimed

"Dean..." Sam started

"Good." Bobby interrupted "Keep it that way. Wandell's buddies are looking for someone or something to string up, and they're not going to slow down to listen to reason. You understand what I'm saying?"

"We better hit the road. If, uh, you can remember we parked the car," Dean said

"Oh sweet naive Dean," Katerina said as she tossed Dean the keys to the Impala. "Tony was wondering how much he would have to pay for the car, but I informed him it wasn't for sale,"

"Tony Stark wanted my car?"

Kat shrugged "The man likes antique cars...I mean can you blame him, it's one sweet ride,"

"Here. Take these," Bobby handed each of them a small metal charm.

"What are they?" Sam asked

"Charms. They'll fend off possession. That demon's still out there. This'll stop it from getting back up in ya,"

"That sounds vaguely dirty," Kat laughed "but uh, thanks,"

"You're welcome. You three be careful now,"

"You too," Sam smiled at Bobby.

Bobby looked back at him seriously, not returning the smile. At the door, Dean tossed the icebag back to Bobby.

Bobby smiled a little at Dean.

***

Katerina and Sam were laying next to each other in bed, Dean having left to go to some bar. "You okay? Sam? Is that you in there?" she joked

"I was awake for some of it, Kat. I watched myself kill Wandell with my own two hands; I saw the light go out in his eyes,"

"That must have been awful,"

"That's not my point. I almost carved you up too. But no matter what I did, Dean wouldn't shoot,"

"It was the right move, Sam. It wasn't you," Katerina looked at Sam and laughed softly.

"What?"

"Nothing," Kat turned away from Sam.

Sam pulled Katerina back and pinned her so he was on top. "Kat, what?"

"You full-on had a girl inside you for like a whole week," Kat laughed.

Sam's frown cracked, and he laughed with Katerina.

"I should be jealous,"

Sam leaned down and kissed Kat "Don't be,"

Katerina hummed in contentment