The Magical Place [3]

"So, this person you work for told you I have gaps in my memory." Katerina scoffed "Ever think your mind reader might just be looking up symptoms online?"

"I was told it keeps you up at night, that you crave answers, that you're troubled by the fact that when you asked for answers, you were denied,"

Kat looked away from Lilith.

Lilith moved Katerina's chin so she was looking at her "Isn't that true?"

Kat got up off the bed "I trust my family,"

"You trust the Winchesters."

Katerina turned briskly around at the notion, only causing Lilith to smirk at the reaction.

"But why should SHIELD keep details of your death from you? They're your family, your only family since you've lost your mother, too,"

Kat leaned her head against the door, her fists constantly clenching and unclenching in frustration.

"But now, after all, you've sacrificed..."

"Sacrifice is part of the job. I would give my life..." Katerina took a deep breath and looked over her shoulder at the device then took a few steps closer to it. "Turn it on," she got into the device "What makes you so sure this machine will even work?"

Lilith only gave her a sly smile. "Close your eyes and relax,"

Kat put her head straight and closed her eyes as Lilith sat at the computer.

"I want you to think back to your first memory of your mother,"

Katerina opened her eyes and looked over at Lilith "How am I supposed to have memories of her when she died when I was 6 months?"

"You'd be surprised,"

Kat sighed again and closed her eyes, she knew it was risky doing this with a demon...but she needed answers, and if this is how she was getting them...so be it.

***

A very pregnant Anya sat in a church, sobbing as she looked down at her rounded belly.

The sound of fluttering wings was heard behind her. "Anya,"

"What do you want?!" Anya snapped as she glared back into the angel's ice-blue eyes, Katerina recognized him to be Castiel from the flashback Azazel had shown her.

"I want to help,"

Anya scoffed "Help?! I've seen what your help will do," her hand resting on her belly, allowing Castiel to understand what she meant.

Castiel looked around the church hesitantly, questioning if he should say what he wanted especially in the house of his father. "There are those of us who do not wish for that future,"

Anya looked at Castiel questionably "Including you?"

Castiel only nodded.

"How does that change what Vidis showed me? How does that ensure my daughter doesn't turn into...that,"

"We could always..."

Anya took a step further away from Castiel feverishly shaking her from side to side "No! Despite the future, she showed me...there's good in her. She deserves that chance. I just need to keep her away from him,"

***

A young Katerina held her hands up as she levitated a block in the air.

Phil Coulson and Professor Xavier watched her from the door.

"I just want her to have a normal life," Phil explained.

Professor Xavier sighed "I understand your concern. But even if she doesn't have the mutant gene we're more than happy to have her attend..."

"A normal life," Phil reiterated with a shake of his head.

"How much of a normal life can she get when her father is an Agent of SHIELD?"

Phil sighed "I'm worried about her, every night she screams causing the walls to shake and when she wakes up she claims that a man with Yellow Eyes killed her mother. And recently she's been talking about an angel named Castiel who comes to visit her..."

"It's normal for a child to have an imaginary friend especially after dealing with a traumatic event,"

"She was six months old when it happened...she shouldn't remember it at all..." Phil moved his gaze from Katerina and down at the Professor "I just want her safe,"

***

"I can't take it anymore." Katerina cried "I can't take it!"

"Stop fighting it, Vidis," Lilith called out "Stop fighting it,"

"Castiel," Kat muttered quietly, but the name was enough to catch Lilith's attention. "Castiel,"

The room shook as Katerina continued to scream in both fear and pain.

"I can't take it anymore! Make it stop, Castiel. Make it stop!"

"Kat!"

"Make it stop," Kat muttered as someone shook her shoulders.

"Katerina!"

Katerina's eyes fluttered open only to close again as they were met by the harsh brightness of the sun.

"Kat..." The figure brushed her hair away from her face "Come on talk to me,"

Kat finally let out a groan as she got her bearings, her surroundings were still a bit blurry, but one thing was for certain she wasn't in bomb town anymore.

"Kat, focus on me...hey,"

Katerina finally looked up and was met with brown eyes filled with worry. "Sam?"

"Hey," Sam smiled as he helped Kat up.

Katerina looked around and was able to make out the piles of rusted car parts piled up on top of the other "Where..."

"We're at Bobby's place. He's a family friend,"

Kat nodded remembering Bobby's name popping in the Winchester case file when she was first given the job.

"Kat...what happened? Bobby said you were just laying out here screaming To make it stop and it seemed like you just appeared out of nowhere,"

Katerina looked Sam in the eyes, her mind still reeling over the previous events...her eyes widened in realization "I remember,"

But before Sam could question on what it was the SHIELD agent remember, Kat's legs buckled underneath her as her eyes rolled back...

Sam quickly catching her before she could hit the ground "Kat? Kat!"