Sin City [6]

"Kind of funny, don't you think?" Casey asked as she and Dean continued to sit around "You and me sitting here like a couple of regular folks,"

"Yeah, it's hilarious, you know, in that...apocalyptic sort of way," Dean said sarcastically.

"You're all right, Dean." Casey claimed, causing the eldest Winchester to scoff "The others don't describe you that way. But, you know, you're-you're likable,"

"A demon likes me. Sorry, I don't know how to respond to that,"

"Bet you would if I was your precious kitty kat. That deal you made to save Sam-a lot of others would mock you for it, think it was weak or stupid. I don't,"

"It's been kind of liberating, actually. Y'know, what's the point in worrying about a future, when you don't have one?"

"Still, a year left. You're not scared?"

"Nah,"

"Not even a little?"

"Of course not,"

***

"So, insurance investigating." Father Gil said as he and Sam rode in the car "You enjoy the work?"

"Yeah." Sam claimed "Yeah, yeah, I...like being able to help people,"

"Ever think about doing anything else?"

"Like what?"

"Mm, anything. You seem like a pretty smart kid. Somehow I see you out in front of the pack. You could do some great things,"

"I don't know. I like doing what I'm doing, I guess,"

"Well, it's your life. Does, um...Dean?"

"Yeah, Dean,"

"Does he find trouble often?"

"Yeah. Yea, Dean finds his fair share,"

"Well, it's a good thing he has you..." Father Gil smiled "his brother's keeper,"

***

Casey sighed as she stretched out on the floor. "Why, Dean, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that was lust in your eyes." She smirked "Well, it would be one way to spend the time...but I don't think you'd respect me in the morning,"

"That's okay." Dean replied a little too quickly "I mean, hey, I barely respect you now. Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"I'm an open book," Casey shrugged.

"So, the gate opened. The demon army was let out. What now, huh? I'm not seeing a big, honking plan here,"

"Honestly, there was a plan. Azazel was a tyrant, but...he held us all together,"

"Azazel?"

"What, you think his friends just called him yellow eyes? He had a name. After you did him in, it all fell apart,"

Dean smiled at the memory "Sorry about that. So, what? No chain of command?"

"There was. It was Vidis. Vidis was supposed to be the grand pooh-bah and lead the big army, but...she hasn't exactly stepped up to the plate, has she?"

Dean was confused by who Vidis was but was grateful they weren't in charge "Thank God for that,"

"Again with God." Casey laughed "You think this is a good thing? Now you've got chaos, a war without a front, hundreds of demons all jockeying for power, all fighting for the crown. Most of the gunning for your brother and precious Kat. For the record, I was ready to follow her,"