Chapter 89- the truth untold...no longer

JOON POV:

It's at the same time as Tae that I spot (Y/N)'s missing and a simple wave of energy brushing past the toilets from Jin hyung that does actually confirm she's not there. The beginnings of panic start to stem and yet Tae is assure and confident as he starts moving, striding away and passing by an alcove. I follow along only to find that he's correct and has ended up on a slightly closed off space but she's not alone, she's with someone- a young vampire from the looks and sense of it and whilst he doesn't register as a threat, his closeness and familiarity he talks to her and hugs her with has the beginnings of jealousy stirring. Only pushed down because of the way she tenderly speaks to him- the warmth and tenderness she uses dousing it immediately and causing a warmth to replace it.

"Oh it's the same boy as last time. He looks better though." Tae comments from in front of me.

He's seen the two before?

But then the boy seems to stiffen mid-hug, drawing bag with a nose scrunch and red eyes that hold a tinge of fear. In front, Tae grins smugly.

And when I hear the boy comment that she's carrying our scent, a burst of fierce pride courses through me- that our touches before we'd stepped out of the house had left trails of us on her, had allowed her to be easily distinguished as a claimed person. And it's then that I realise that any eyes that had drawn to her during the night, had lingered momentarily had quickly receded when they caught sight of the claiming marks vivid on her neck, starkly contrasting with the softness of her dress. Unconsciously, she had been displaying signs of being taken and because of that there had been no bursts of fierce protective instincts.

And when the boy leaves, I'm the first to step up, drawing her into an embrace, Tae quickly sandwiching her from behind.

The word home is pleasant rolling off her tongue, natural and soothing- as if home is a part of her too and yet she too represents a home for us.

I can't wait to get back home, to be curled up happily with my mates. And yet before we can retreat Tae decides now is an opportune time to tease, now when I can feel my phone begin to ping with messages- undoubtedly from the others wondering if we've found (Y/N).

"Stop sneaking off baby mate. You have to tell me if you want to play chase." He grumbles, sending a spark of fiery anticipation through me at the mental image as well as causing     (Y/N) to shift and press slightly tighter against me, fingers bunching into the fabric at my arms.

I stifle a groan at the thought, of how gratifying and pleasing it would be to give chase to our baby mate. And yet Tae's eyes are twinkling with challenge, with pride- alerting me that somehow he's already had the fine pleasure given the way he casually mentions it.

"Tae-ah stop teasing." I say.

But whether that comment is meant for (Y/N) or for me I don't know.

Tae's lips curve into a smile from where he leans forward to peck my cheek.

"(Y/N) loves it when I tease." He exclaims proudly and unabashed. The sentence sends a bolt of fiery need through me, because of the implications the words have.

It causes her to hide her face into my chest, turning away from Tae despite the affronted pout he gives when he can't see her face.

She makes no move to shift her face back, seeming perfectly content.

"Home, let's just go." She mumbles again, lips moving distractedly against the fabric of my shirt.

I nod.

"Home." I grit out, shooting Tae a warning look.

But he's completely unrepentant as we make our way to the car where the others brighten up and lose the slight tension on their faces. Home and hopefully by then Tae's teasing expressions will have gone, the glint that promises trouble should vanish by then.