Chapter 159- a bit of the past

KOOK POV:

"Ouch! Hae Hae bit me!" I say indignantly, carefully withdrawing my hand from her wide mouth, eyeing her ruefully as she giggles, lying back on the bed, hair splayed out. My eyes search for (Y/N), pouting in the direction of her back, rummaging through the wardrobe. She laughs, having heard, but doesn't turn. Still searching.

My eyes turn back, huffing at the lack of attention from my mate. Choosing to find it from the offendor themselves.

Hae Kyungie kicks her legs, happy to have caught my attention because arms reach out, making grabby motions as her hands fist and unfist.

"Ap..." she gurgles.

"Up? So you can bite me Hae Hae?" I say, eyeing her even if my lips are stretched into the widest smile, wriggling the offended fingers at her.

She squeals, hands flailing and trying to grasp at my hand, warm sticky fingers curling around them when she manages to. She tugs my hand incessantly towards her, mouth widening so she can draw my fingers towards her mouth.

I jerk, realising her attention, but succumb to wide flickering red eyes that blink up at me, crumbling my so-called defence as I let her tongue lave over my fingers, babbling around them as she tries to suck. Brows scrunching when it brings her nothing. And then there it is.

Another nip. Gumming at my fingers as she gnaws at them, tries to figure out what they are.

I laugh even as the slight sting vanishes.

"Hae Hae, appa isn't food! Is baby hungry?" I ask, cooing as I bend over, brushing my fingers over light waves, pecking the tip of her nose.

Watch as her eyes blink, trying to figure out where my lips are landing until ultimately her eyes scrunch shut.

She hums and gargles, fingers wet with drool as she tugs at them, moving them away from her mouth. Losing interest in them now that she's figured out they're not food and they don't bring her milk like the teat of her bottle would.

"Kookie have you seen her dungarees? I can't find them." (Y/N) calls over her shoulder.

I hum, turning my head.

"They're in the drawers. With the shirts. Matching her with Jiminie hyung today?" I ask.

Smiling when she waves them triumphantly, fingers dithering over the shirts before she chooses a stripey one.

"Yup! Both him and Tae were arguing over it in bed. Woke me up." she sighs as she pads over, pressing a kiss to my cheek before she reaches for Hae Kyungie. Scooping her up.

Cooing at our girl.

"And what do you mean Hae Hae bit you? She's the sweetest little thing, aren't you baby?"     (Y/N) asks, eyes fond as she peppers kisses across her face.

Hae Kyungie babbles in response. Waving her arms as she giggles, leaning in to (Y/N)'s touch and kisses eagerly.

Gurgling that says sweetest thing ever appa! A wide smile that's smug, hidden in the way she laughs and babbles.

Deceptive and sly and smug.

So much like Tae hyung.

"Oh dear...have you been drooling all over Kookie, your mouth is all sticky." (Y/N) fusses, fingers wiping at her face before reaching for a packet of wipes, carefully dabbing at her skin.

Expertly managing to hold a wriggly Hae Kyungie who finds sheer delight in making the task as hard as possible, squealing when (Y/N) tickles her tummy instead, falling back onto the bed as she's set down and hands deftly begin to tug clothes over her once nappy-clad body.