Chapter 48- giving in

(Y/N) POV:

I didn't mean to. I swear I had no idea that looking at Taehyung with a warning look- knowing that there had been a hint of envy in his eyes towards Hye-Jin, would have led to this. No idea.

But that didn't mean that if I got the chance I wouldn't do the same thing again. 

It sent a thrill through me seeing his eyes turn from brown to a vibrant red, that red hue then darkening and glittering with a deeper intent- something teasing and dangerous in his eyes. I can see a mischievous, warning look come into his eyes and I scrabble up from the armchair- something so predatory in those eyes that send me bolting upwards, even though intrinsically I know this isn't that sort of predatory intent- it's something exciting and new. I back away, seeing the way his eyes remain on me, follow and track each of my movements.

"Taehyungie don't." I warn but I can hear the smile in my own voice, the slight softness that lessens the force of the words.

But his lips tug up into a lazy smirk, waiting, watching.

And something propels me to turn. To rush away from this Taehyung who exudes power and confidence and thrilling promise. I rush to disappear into the shelves behind me, feet pattering against the wooden flooring but there's no rush of feet behind me, only a bright exuberant laugh that belies the face it comes from. A laugh that is joyful and elated and then it begins.

A chase.

Feet that begin torturously slow as they amble behind me, each footstep purposeful and intended but the sound of them somehow amplified in the emptiness of the book café. Hye-Jin's gone- I saw her passing through the front door and leaving. Closing up for the night was down to me.

But now in the vastness of the shop- it becomes a ground for me to run from Taehyung, the space being an advantage and handicap. And then I can hear his pace quicken, a fond laugh as his words trail through the air.

"Run baby mate." He drawls, voice laced with deeper intent and joy.

And run I do. Weaving in and out of shelves as his footsteps become louder and louder, grow closer and closer. I dart out of reach when his arm shoots out to grab at me, laughing breathlessly when I back away and turn the corner.

His own laughter is deep and sends pleasant jolts dancing through me- spurred on by the amusement he's getting from this, from the thrill he's getting in chasing me.

It feels like he's toying with me, purposely letting me evade his grip and hands countless times, feet faltering as I turn- as if slipping on the smooth polished floor but then his footsteps resume unfaltering and steady. My breaths are coming out quicker- both in response to the situation and from running and laughing at the same time.

I know my laughter is giving me away but I can't seem to stop it from bubbling out.

"(Y/N)...give up." He bargains, voice floating over to me.

But I don't give up. Don't want to. I find myself getting lost in the game of chase- feeling spurred on to dart away out of reach, to use my knowledge of the layout to my advantage. And just as I turn again, head turning over my shoulder to see Taehyung's triumphant face as he catches sight of me, grin widening. I turn to run and find my feet coming to a rushed stop- meeting the end of a wall- the  dark brown wood mockingly being the thing that blocks my escape. I turn when those footsteps slow and approach me with deadly precision. Heart thudding from anticipation, loud and echoing in my ears as I find my fingers scrabbling for purchase against the wooden design of the walls, fingers slipping across the smooth wood, looking up slowly to meet dark red eyes- that sparkle triumphantly.