Chapter 61: It Was Inevitable

I wonder how's Izanagi dong? I didn't know why she went on a rampage, but I suppose I could guess. She wasn't a particularly..."developed" girl, I would say. To trust her emotional maturity was the equivalence of trusting a clown dangling from the top of a skyscraper saying it was perfectly fine to help him up. And before you ask, don't. It wasn't a good experience for me, so let's just save all of us the trouble.

Ugh, I was quite worried about those two. They had a troubled past...okay, fine. I gave them a troubled past. No two ways about that. Even so, I refuse to admit responsibility for this one. Set personality or not, Izanagi going on a rampage was something that could not be helped. The bout of insanity that visited her was so...random? I suppose that would be the closest word. There was a vaguely connected reason to Nia or something, but ultimately it was rather strange if one put some thought into it.

Izanagi was fundamentally a demon who followed her bestial instincts. If she was angry, she would go on a rampage. If she was moody, she would cry her heart out. If she was in a good mood, she would cuddle with her sister despite the latter's retaliative kicks. Despite all that, I couldn't help but to feel there was something strange about the cause of her going crazy in the capital. There just was a missing link.

My subordinates were the very embodiment of evil, but they sure as hell practiced a very lawful version of it. They dispense their maddening justice, but not without rhyme or reason. Izanagi was no different, either. My subordinates punished all who they deemed to have done something wrong, and never attacked the innocent. As for their perception of "innocence", that was a whole different debate altogether...

Even if she was mad about Nia being kidnapped, why would she head towards the city, instead of just leveling the entire academy? Strange. Well, no point in worrying about what had already happened, I suppose.

Hopefully, Izanami would find a way to handle things properly. Despite Izanami trashing her twin sister whenever she had the chance, the two sisters still shared a bond, even if Izanami herself readily denies it. Izanagi blazed down the road of life with a personality bigger than the world, while Izanami followed in the shadows, being the only individual capable of restraining Izanagi effectively. Even I would take much longer getting my intentions across to Izanagi, considering I lacked the ability to comprehend her insanity.

Hm? I didn't seem to be in a position to worry about others, you say? Well, you would be right. However, it was exactly in situations like these that we needed to worry about something else. Denial? Nope. Definitely not. Not at all. The future seemed much brighter if we focused on happier things, no? More so when the hero of humanity came crashing in with the vigor of an elephant on drugs.

Oh, by the way, if I didn't get my feelings across, I do apologize. At some point, experiences have numbed my senses towards the absurdities of life. Ahem. Let me rephrase this.

PLEASE SEND HELP!!!

***

"I have arrived to absolve you of your sins!" so the hero said, or something along those lines.

I was stupefied for a brief moment, before realizing there was no greater ironically painful punchline than this mad man crashing through the...windows? Wait, windows?

I immediately traced the annoyingly handsome young man's trajectory backwards, finally locking my gaze with the sight of several thousand shards scattering in the air. The glass panel installed at the height of the hall were broken through to make way for the hero's entrance. The tiny shards reflecting the beautiful winter sun's rays, displaying a rather pleasing aesthetic on an otherwise gloomy day.

Wait, no! That wasn't the important thing! This wasn't like a movie, you know! Those glass shards had to land somewhere! And, I don't know about you, dear hero of humanity, but I believe this world had something called gravity too! Not to mention those sharp edges could very well kill someone!