Chapter 13: The Story of A Certain Young Girl

My name is Sherry. No, my name was Sherry. It's Nia now.

I was born in a small village deep in the mountains. I had an alright life during the time I lived there, and perhaps even good sometimes. It was tough at times, but I was generally content. I had a loving family, and friends who I enjoyed playing with.

Then, the bandits came. They killed everyone mercilessly. I watched the village I grew up in caught on fire, and the people I loved and cared about all die. My mother desperately protected me with her body, even when she was already dead.

At that point, I had already given up. The despair of seeing everyone I ever known die was simply too much. I was strangely alright with just giving up then, even though I was afraid. Really, really afraid. I didn't want to go on to the next world. It was cold, frightening...and just unknown.

However, as if the gods and spirits proclaimed that it was not my time yet, she arrived. Although I was so lost in my own grief back then, I did manage to catch a glimpse of the aftermath of the situation.

All those bandits who even the grown men of the village couldn't do anything against, were fell by a single girl. My benefactor. My savior. The one who had and will continue to change my fate.

Even though the blood of the bandits was splattered all over her, it didn't take away her elegance one bit. She stood there, radiant like the sun. My soon to be mistress wore a mature red and black dress, despite her size, which was at most twelve years old and at least ten years old.

However, it suited her in a manner that was hard to describe. Such was the case for the general air about her. She had a strangely mature and unnatural pair of scarlet eyes, cold and expressionless.

However, there was a certain warmth and kindness that would leak out occasionally...it kinda resembled the image of an ideal older sister figure I had in mind.

When I was just about to join my mother, she reached out to me and gave me back my life without any effort at all. She treated me extremely gently, and quickly examined my body for wounds, perhaps.

Was she a doctor? But could a doctor be such a good fighter? And at such a young age? I honestly didn't know at that point. My head was still spinning from all the chaos and the loss of my family and friends to think straight...but at least I could distract myself with the mystery in front of me.

As if the mystery wasn't enough, a dragon landed beside me. That was it, I thought. We were completely done for. Although I had never seen a dragon with my own eyes before, but even the children knew of them from legends and myths.

They were great beings that could destroy entire nations by themselves, and even baby dragons could pose a significant threat to entire armies. There was no way my savior could have stood against a dragon, I thought.

Then, someone got off the dragon and faced my savior. She placed her right fist over her chest, then called my savior...princess. She was a princess of a nation? Was it the Kingdom nearby? But now things started to make a bit of sense. If she was a princess, that explained her wonderful appearance.

I was lost in my thoughts for a good while, still sorting out what I should do. If she was a princess, I must greet her soon, or it would be terribly rude. However, I was rooted in place due to the intimidating appearance of the dragon.

I eventually snapped out of it when I heard she decided to bring me back to a place called Eden. The rider of the dragon objected, which was natural.

To bring a peasant like me back to whatever location along with the princess was just...not right, I guess. However, the princess rejected the knight lady's, who was apparently called Gale, objections.