Chapter 14: Nia's Wonderment

Well, after all that chaos, here I was. With Her Majesty's advisers disappearing to take care of their duties, and the princess leaving for her room with several maids in tow. Only the maid called Lily, Gale, and Sturm remained with me.

"I'll be with you soon, just let me drop Sturm off, alright?" Gale waved as she rode off with Sturm.

"Well then, Nia. Please follow me to the bath," the maid with silky brow hair bowed as she motioned for me to follow her.

As we walked, Lily said, "It might be a bit hard on your body, though? There's a bit of a distance."

"How far...?" I titled my head.

"No less than ten minutes. Although, we might take fifteen with your slightly weak body," she smiled.

Ten minutes! Were we heading into the city?

"Well, I suppose the palace may appear big for you," Lily smiled gently.

"It's in the palace!?" I was shocked.

"Of course. It would be quite far if we were to bathe you in a bathhouse in the city. And not to mention terribly rude to the princess," Lily nodded.

"Just how big is the palace...?"

"You've seen Eden from up high, haven't you? Everything within the inner wall you saw is the palace."

How could that...? The palace could be a city with that size! And the biggest city in the world not including Eden!

The 'inner wall' I had seen wasn't much of a fortress wall, to be honest. It was simply a...wall. Nothing more than that, a wall for appearance sake. It had no guards or any visible defenses. In fact, there were no outer walls for Eden either.

Well, I could probably understand that. Even if enemies could somehow fly up all the way here, they would be taken down instantly by those steel dragons. That reminds me, I'm curious about Eden...but I should leave it for later.

Eventually, we reached the bath. How do I put it...? The bath was about as big as my village. Different sections for different purposes, it was arguably a luxurious bath that had everything. Then there was this strange substance that Lily had called shampoo. It was a bit like soap, but somehow my skin and hair became a bit more shinier after rinsing off the bubbles.

I wonder what it would be like if I washed frequently with such a thing...? No wonder everyone on Eden was such a beauty. After the brief rinse, I was helped into the massive bath by Lily.

"Uh...miss Lily, this isn't just water...is it?" I tilted my head as I observed the water run down my skin.

"Just Lily is fine," she smiled as she continued washing my back. "Of course it isn't. This has to be something worthy of the princess, after all. You see, deep in the hearts of the island of Eden is a core. I personally don't know what the core is made of...only the princess knows the mysteries of this island."

"Anyway, the core has been sustaining Eden for hundreds of years, and will go on to do so until the end of time itself. Such a core produces the resources we need at a regular basis, like oil, raw metals, and among many others. Water is one such resource."

She continued, "Although we could produce most of the resource in the synthesis plants, the synthetic materials are typically a grade lower than those 'core resources', for example this water. Unlike filtered and synthesized water, these water have a special property. Well, more of properties. There's so much that it'll be difficult to list them all, but just know that it is the finest water in existence. It is called 'Water of Life' by some."