Chapter 70: Charade of Villainy

"None of you interfered? Are you absolutely sure?"

"There is not a single soul on Eden that would go against your decrees, Your Majesty."

"So either I'm being lied to, or this is once again the failure of the Intelligence Department."

I was met with the silent repentance of my subordinates, although I didn't particularly blame them for it. After all, neither options were really in their control, if it really was their fault to begin with. There was a third option, I suppose, although I don't think that person was the type to get involved. Unless...?

No, no! Occam's razor, me! Simplicity was preferrable!

Unless, of course, Nia had done something to invite "that" entity's attention. Frankly, nothing good ever comes out of gaining favors from beings outside of one's ability of perception. Here's to hoping your corpse wasn't desecrated by attention, little girl of the mountain.

"In fact...the Intelligence Department, huh," my musings caused Aura to tense up instinctively. "Its usefulness in the past weeks have been demonstratively...lackluster."

"Your Majesty, I..."

"Now, now. Keep quiet and listen," I didn't mean anything negative by that, but everyone else in the room seemed to have taken it rather poorly. "Things happen. I understand. What's important is what you do afterwards, yes?"

"Y...Yes...! I understand!" Aura forced out words in between her trembling.

Was it something I said!? Why are you reacting this way!? I was seriously trying to be comforting here, you know!? Did I really seem like that kind of person to use sarcasm in excess to you!?

Well, I admittedly am...but that ain't the point here!

"Jibril."

"Yes, I'll see to it, Your Majesty."

See to what!? I didn't even say anything!

"I usually leave the four of you to your own devices...but to think this is how you operate. Don't tell me the three of you are like this too," unlike me, the great fox was probably as critical as she sounded.

"Who do you take me for?" the seraphim was rather offended.

Rin adjusted her sleeves, "Please. I can't be unaccountable even if I wanted to. There's at least several dozen reports written for every major action my branch takes. Even if it's minor ones, there's a record of it somewhere."

Tenko shrugged, "As for Horizon...I suppose we wouldn't understand her actions even if we asked."

"Excellent observation."

Did you really just use telepathy to tell all of us that, Horizon!? You did, didn't you!?

"She just does whatever she wants..." Tenko huffed.

"Well, can't really say much when she has the biggest guns. Literally speaking," Rin folded her arms.

The armada that could challenge the rest of Eden and still come up on top. The fleet that could blast the rest of us into the next century if she so wished. On her own, I could probably beat her if I pulled out everything I had. However, to challenge Horizon was to challenge the endless spaceships that had weaponry meant for an entirely different dimension of warfare.

"Go back to your previous duty, why don't you," Tenko said towards the sky.

"Understood. After calibrations and maintenance are completed, we will resume our watch over the stars," with that, the mental transmission vanished.