Chapter 10: Picnic And Panic

"Hm, this place is pretty nice," I breathed in the clean fresh air.

It was pretty scary, though. I was overlooking a vast forest on top of a cliff. At this height, if one were to fall, there was no doubt it would be a fall to one's death. Although, if I were to fall in this body, I might turn out fine with my superhuman abilities.

That aside, it was quite breathtaking. To be fair, I nearly never left my house, and when I do it's usually a trip to the nearest convenience store, so I was not the best person to discuss the wonders of nature with.

"This is the best we could manage with your conditions, princess," Gale bowed somewhat apologetically.

"Well, it's fine. Ah! I think I have the perfect item for this," I struck my palm with the bottom of my fist.

I pulled out a horn shaped container from the endless abyss of my inventory, and hugged its huge size with a bit of difficulty. I pulled out a mat and laid it on the grass, motioning for Gale to sit after I had sat down with the horn.

The checkered mat was an ordinary item, but the horn was not. It was a horn of plenty, or a cornucopia. Although it only served as an endless source of minor HP regeneration and was labeled as a flavor item in game, I do hope that the lore has came to life.

Apparently, one just needed to imagine the food they wanted, and whatever was in mind would come out with the highest quality.

If what was written was true, then perhaps that would work? I reached in and imagined one of my dearly missed dishes. Although it was a bit greasy, but I didn't need to care about that stuff now!

If they could live for two hundred years without changing appearances whatsoever, it was likely that I wouldn't gain weight, either. Or height...but I'll gladly trade that in!

As my hand withdrew from the horn, it brought along a decently sized basket. Within it were the familiar sights of modern day food. Fried battered fish and chips sliced into my preferred size, about as big as french fries.

A small cup of tartar sauce was neatly tucked in a corner of the basket, as well as a slice of lemon. It really did work! Ah, Fish and chips, my comfort food! How I have missed you!

Although Eden's chefs were unmatched due to my meddling and the two hundred years they had to practice, I couldn't possibly ask them for fish and chips.

They've always served me excellent dishes based on my choice from a massive menu, so it would be terribly rude if I ask them to cook something with a specific taste that would probably be worse than what they were usually used to putting out

Even if I discard my habits of a normal girl of society and exercise my rights as a ruler, there would be another problem. It was entirely unknown how they would interpret my orders and react.

'What's the worst that could come out of asking for fish and chips?' you ask, but honestly I did not know the answer to that, nor was I too interested in finding out. Best not ask for trouble when there didn't have to be one.

"Help yourself," I motioned towards the cornucopia as I started working on my favorite dish.

"Can I really? Such a important item used for me?" Gale seemed moved for some reason.

I tilted my head between fries, "Well...it was certainly a quest reward I got from a god...but it's not like there's a limit to it or anything. Help yourself. Ah, get Sturm something to. It should enlarge along with the food portion. Probably."

"I offer thanks to Princess Roselia for this meal," Gale clasped her hand together over a plate of juicy steak and a bowl of assorted fruits and vegetables.