Chapter 28: Even So, Life Denies My Peace

"Enough is enough! How many times must I say this, I will not allow for any objections!" I slammed my fist on the seat's armrest.

Even though it was a typical scene where the tyrant demanded something absurd of her subordinates, it was a matter that was insignificant, to be perfectly honest. In my office that had about a dozen of the high ranking subordinates gathered, the silence was crushing.

After all, I had just yelled at them. Something which I haven't done ever since coming to this world...So much for good phrasing I promised myself this afternoon, huh?

On a side note, I refuse to be in the throne room. For some reason, I feel like I would instantly lose the moment I agreed to rule from the throne. Although I probably would have to sit up there some day, let's delay the coming of that date for as long as possible.

I sighed, instantly regretting my decision as I saw all of them panicking, "It's not that I don't understand your concerns. Sure, it is a territory that we have yet to secure. But that place is safe enough for the inhabitants of the world to send their children, you know?

Any sort of danger will most likely be insignificant for me. As of right now, I am a student of the academy. A student does not need guards to accompany wherever she goes."

"I even allowed any amount of you, as long as you are not discovered by any creature or person, to follow me, so why are all of you so upset about this?" I folded my arms as I leaned back on the chair. "All I'm asking for is to not interfere in anything unless I order you to."

"But for Your Majesty to be attacked by the lowly monsters...!" Jibril objected with a shaky voice, no doubt afraid after my previous outburst.

Oh boy, this was getting annoying. I knew what Jibril was like beneath that mask of fanaticism and racism, but right now I wished I just didn't write in this part of her. Really, I wonder when will I get to see the cute side of Jibril?

Maybe never, but that might have been my fault after all...Still, no matter what, Jibril was at the end of the day my creation. I was responsible for her birth, so I should adore her like any responsible creator should.

"Are you implying that I cannot defeat them?" although I hated to use this tone, but time to be a bit manipulative.

"Not at all! It's just..." Jibril immediately agreed with me, in response to my somewhat snide comment.

"T-those who oppose Her Majesty has to go through us f-first!" I expected you of all people to at least remain quiet, stuttering Aura!

"Well, what's the harm?" finally, an ally!

"Tenko!" Jibril glared at the giggling nine tailed fox, who was leaning on a wall.

"It's nice to see the princess I know of still can experience the joys of growing up as a proper child," Tenko looked at me with a pair of motherly eyes. "It's just like watching a dear child exploring the world around her."

"Just because you can treat Her Majesty like your own daughter..." Jibril gritted her teeth with an almost pouting expression.

Your true intentions leaked out a bit there, Jibril!

"I don't particularly mind either way," Rin seemed to be quite neutral about the matter, surprisingly.

"My main purpose as of right now is to refine the military doctrine we shall adopt for upcoming military operations. I will leave matters like this up to you, Jibril. Then, please excuse me from this meeting, Your Majesty. I have a meeting with the chief engineers," Rin did a respectful bow and left the room.

She was neutral for the wrong reason!!! Focus is good, Rin, but why were you talking about military doctrines with such a serious expression!? Was running over medieval knights with a Challenger 2 not good enough that you have to think up the most efficient way at waging war!?