Chapter 19: Schemes Set In Motion

In the great hall of 'democracy', the five hundred gathered once more in a meeting that would no doubt make our dear Roselia's stomach churn if she was to know such a conference existed.

"That concludes my report," the field marshal flipped back her paper to its first page. "As for options to combat these issues I have noticed, I highly recommend MAF to be re-outfitted to deal with asymmetrical warfare, be it when incorporated into the Old Guard or as the Army Group Center of Eden. Instead of developing our new tank project in the area of armor and guns, I believe maneuverability and mobility are the key. At the very least, with features like the ISU and snorkel system of the K2 Black Panther."

"A good observation, but I believe we should put that topic on hold for now. The prototype model has yet to be completed, so a variant version will have to wait," Jibril concluded, leading to an agreement that was of the majority.

"That's enough for now," Rin agreed.

"Now, onto the main topic of the day," Jibril nodded. "Tenko, if you will."

Tenko stepped onto the speaker's podium with a charming smile, "Earlier today, the princess has negotiated with the remaining prisoners. We have came to an agreement that in exchange for allowing them to go free, they would arrange a conference with the Koraine Kingdom. It is the nation that attacked us, if any of you do not remember the name."

Clamoring broke out almost immediately, with a majority protesting the fact that they had to agree such terms.

Tenko's voice covered over the noise as she continued, "However, thanks to that decision we were able to agree without much compromise. We have achieved our goal without losing much. In fact, we don't really have the need to punish those prisoners. After all, the soldiers were not responsible for the pig's actions. Not only that, it might be better if they were to act on the basis that they were 'spared out of our goodwill' and 'a promise that they had to return because of their release'. I believe we can move up the schedule of our plans by a week, as insignificant that number is."

As expected of the smooth talking charmer, the crowd was soothed when Tenko presented the situation in a favorable light of the princess. The five hundred were immediately in agreement, nodding without much complaint. What a cult, huh?

"There conference will be centered around ironing out the terms of the peace treaty," Tenko motioned for everyone to look at the papers provided. "This is the rough draft Rin and I have written up based on the negotiation between Her Majesty, Rin, I, and a captain of the Kingdom's army. In short, we seek several strategic territories that are bordering multiple nations, military access, war guilt and a demilitarized zone. The last demand is merely a bluff, however. We will drop that demand if they seek a compromise."

Jibril frowned, "Will the territories taken be significant?"

"No, I do not believe so," Tenko shook her head. "In this context, the land that we have already claimed prior to the war will be insisted as our sovereign soil, so the territories in question will be ones that we have yet to build any fortifications or structures on. These territories only make up ten percent of the Kingdom's territory not including the ones that have already been claimed by us."

Rin walked up to the massive map hung up on the wall, and used a pointer to bring attention to the locations, "As you can see here, we are mostly taking control of border territories for an easier invasion of other nations. We will not be annexing any settlements in the specified areas if this demand is met, except for mostly indigenous locals that are not governed by the Koraine Kingdom anyway."

"Not that it's important, but resources?" a member of the five hundred asked.

Aura shook her head with a sigh, "Industrial wise? Next to none. The geography of that area are mainly plains and mountains. However, we do believe that there are luxury metals beneath one of the hills. Next to no strategic value, but these metals are native to this world. The artisans believe if they were to be used in tandem with the luxury metals the core produces, it can result in a gem that is of acceptable aesthetic value for Her Majesty."