Chapter 32: The Misunderstandings Only Grow

"Get a move on! I want those tanks loaded in the Valkyrie transports within ten minutes!" Rin strode through the barracks, which was already in a frenzy from a previous announcement.

"What's all this hubbub all about?" a fox entered the barracks, her ears twitching curiously, while her trademarked bell chimes rang out.

"Ah, Tenko. Have you not receive the message from Her Majesty? Or even Horizon?" Rin gave Tenko a salute out of respect.

Tenko tapped her folding fan on her palm, "Not at all. Unfortunately, I am not in the chain of command, as you may know. With a different Aura being the representative, my information network right now is a bit crippled."

"Here's a brief rundown, then," Rin frowned slightly, a bit upset at the news she brought. "Horizon had relayed to us that we are to take Aura, the eldest one, into custody the moment she returns to Eden. On Her Majesty's orders. Furthermore, the princess has personally requested me to mobilize the Wraith Division."

The sound of the tapping fan immediately stopped, with Tenko suddenly freezing up in surprise. Her tails and ears stopped twitching around lazily, but her eyes widened slightly. A second later, she returned to her usual relaxed posture, but there was a very distinct frown on her lips.

"What did Aura do?"

"We don't know," Rin admitted. "All I assume it's nothing good. After all, Horizon said Her Majesty very clearly stated it was an order."

"A betrayal?" Tenko immediately assumed the worst.

"I wouldn't go so far, not without evidence," Rin refrained from making assumptions. "It definitely is something that has upset the princess greatly, though."

"Does Jibril know of this?"

Rin snorted, "Of course not. You and I both know she is the last person that needs to be informed of something like this. You want her to go on another rampage again?"

"I suppose. Really, she can be a tad bit fanatical sometimes," although Tenko didn't have any right to say that. "However, I don't think we can hide it for long."

Rin sighed, "Just make sure Her Majesty is present when Aura and Jibril are in the same location once she does find out. She won't do anything crazy with the princess around."

Tenko sank into an unnatural silence before she said, "I'm coming with you."

"Is that alright?" Rin frowned, uncertain of bringing someone not included in the princess' orders.

"The princess rarely gets this upset, you know. Once you consider Aura is also involved, I have a nagging suspicion that it's something related to that event. If that's the case, then...it is my duty to help my child."

"So it's something like that after all...Even though we had already concluded the elves were not a threat. Just what is Aura trying to achieve...?" Rin sighed, but she gave in with a nod. "Very well. Don't overdo it, though. Even if you may treat Her Majesty like your own daughter, there is a certain limit to things."

"Not to worry. I will always act in the best interest of Her Majesty," Tenko grinned, but her smile vanished into the wind as quickly as it came. "Really...this is quite the mess. I hope this will not result in a second Purge."

Rin agreed, "For the sake of this world, I pray that the day when I would be promoted to Grand Marshal for the purpose of something so dreadful will never come."

Tenko giggled, but the grimness in her tone was clear, "Isn't this ironic? Here we are, two faithful servants sworn to serve the Dragon Arbitrator for all of eternity to fulfill any and all of her desires, praying for peace."