Chapter 4: Experiments

I headed out the city along with Jibril, humming an old tune from my world. Ah, how I missed Netflix. I wonder if I could make those in Eden to make a show by themselves? I certainly did have the authority to do so.

Anyway, we eventually wound up wandering in a forest. Huh, looks like the first of my abilities was working.

<Presence Detection> was just as implied in the name, it detected both friendly, neutral and hostile presences around me, with the area being largely dependent on the level.

However, if I turned the skill off, it seemed like my super senses could still detect presences, although not as clearly when at a range.

Although this skill was only useful for grinding or search and destroy type quests in the game, I still picked it up for the role play. But mostly for the grinding, just as any hardcore MMO player.

But the sensation was new to me. It felt bizarre having lived my life as a normal human being, but now my senses and cognition were assaulted with a massive amount of information like this.

I could ignore the super senses somewhat if I dulled it a little, but something like this was pretty overwhelming. If I had extended my senses to the max, I would have definitely gone crazy by now. Maybe I should start increasing its capacity bit by bit to get used to it.

Now, time to test if another key component of the game is carried over. Hm...do I call inventory? Uh, or do I just will it? Hey, simple spear, appear! Oh hey, it kinda worked. A ripple in space appeared beside me, revealing an endless abyss within.

I reached my hand inside, and pulled out, you guessed it, a simply crafted spear. Well what do you know, the inventory still exists! I wonder if there's no limit like in the game?

Well even if there was one, I was not very concerned since if the inventory was only to the size of the stuff I initially have in there, it was pretty much endless.

"Princess, are you not going to use your beloved spear?" Jibril tilted her head.

Ah, my personal weapon. I really wanted to test her power along with my other equipment here, it was probably a fantasy of mine. But, I shouldn't do so here just in case someone sees me with them...just a simple spear will have to do now.

Even without proper equipment, my base stats and class correction should be already good enough. It'll be different if there was a really challenging enemy though, but I doubt that was the case judging from the equipment of the people around here.

"It'll probably be overkill," I said.

With a face of enlightenment, Jibril nodded, "Indeed. It was shameful of me to think mere wolves would warrant the usage of your legendary armament."

No, I think you misunderstood something...oh well. Ah! There's a wolf looking like it was about to go after me. Sorry about it, but you're about to become a participant in my experiment, okay?

"Jibril, leave them all to me. I need to ascertain the state of this body after such a long time," I instructed, causing Jibril to stand down with a bow.

First, a basic skill. I really wanted to shout out the name of the skill as I dash in, but I'll keep that desire in for now. The first thing I wanted to confirm was how to activate a skill.

Perhaps...consciously think of it and carry out the movement? With the image of the skill in mind, I placed a single foot behind, and the other in front, forming a combat stance. Wow, this body carried itself naturally like it's been in thousands of battles. Well, it technically had been.

As for the actual skill, I thrust forward the spear at speeds that nearly broke the sound barrier, which honestly surprised me despite that was the standard in Brave New World. The single thrust was followed by multiple similar thrusts, all puncturing through the wolf's body.