Chapter 15: Dangerous Weaponry

What cheerful weather! What a beautiful day! I even have a cute little girl in my arms, what more could I ask for? Ah, please don't arrest me. Nothing happened. Seriously, it was just sleeping. I swear I did nothing, sir.

It's been several weeks since we picked up Nia. I spent most of my time with her, mostly because I left most of the day to day nation running stuff to my subordinates. I was giving a lot of effort to make sure she felt welcomed here, so I played with Nia a lot.

Yet...somehow Nia was getting a bit strange? Gradually, she's been looking at me with eyes similar to those of my subordinates...just thinking about it makes me shiver. I hope she didn't pick up anything weird from Gale when I was a bit busy...oh well.

But speaking of which, today was probably the day, huh? I didn't want to face it at all...I just want to sleep all day with Nia at my side. Ah, no good. I mustn't set a bad example for Nia. I was basically her guardian now, I should raise her properly!

Don't you worry, Nia's parents! I will make sure your daughter grows into a fine woman!

"Good morning, Princess Roselia," Nia woke up shortly after I did.

"Good morning, Nia," I said while changing into my usual clothes.

Nowadays Nia basically lives in my room. Although there were plenty of guest rooms, she probably would get lonely, so I had her placed into my room with surprisingly little resistance. My bed was too massive for myself anyway.

"Nia, we might be heading down today," I said.

"Do you mean down to the ground, princess?" she tilted her head as she was in the middle of changing.

"Yeah. Hopefully, it would just be a peaceful talk. If they bring soldiers though, I don't know how our side would react...well, it probably won't be too dangerous for you though. I'll make sure of it," I didn't want to bring Nia to such a risky place, but I felt strangely nervous about leaving Nia on Eden alone, too.

"Peaceful talk...?" Nia was confused.

I know, okay!? I know, so stop looking at me with those puzzled eyes! My warmongering subordinates probably wouldn't have a civilized discussion even if the other party wanted one!

"If it goes poorly, the tanks might roll in. That's the last thing I want happen," I sighed.

"Tanks?" she tilted her head.

"Ah, that's right...you're unfamiliar with most things in Eden despite being here for several weeks. Well, this is a good opportunity," to learn how dangerous these things are, that is...but I had forgotten to say that. I hope she didn't infer something weird.

"After breakfast, I'll take you to the armory," I said, thinking up a plan on how to teach Nia the danger of the things in Eden.

"Your Majesty! To what honor do I owe this visit?" Rin greeted me as soon as I set foot in the MAF armory.

"Ah, Rin," I turned towards her. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm making sure the logistics are all set, Your Majesty. Today is probably the day they invade, after all. I want to make sure everything is in order," Rin saluted.

Why has it already been decided that they would invade!? And you! Nia! Don't believe everything this woman says!

"I see. I'm here to show Nia some of the equipment," I said. "Set up a shooting range with a variety of weapons...and perhaps someone that can use them, since I have a debuff with modern equipment."

"I understand. I'll prepare it immediately," Rin quickly ran off.

Although I feel a bit bad for letting Nia see guns in action...at the same time it should also teach her how dangerous weapons were. I hope. I mean, which child wouldn't be scared of guns and tanks firing? Right? Right!?