Chapter 25: Unholy Alliance

Hello everyone, Roselia here. Such a fine day today, hm? What was that, dear readers? Our narrator has been kidnapped, you say? Silly, the narrator is me! If anyone could kidnap me, someone in this overpowered body and behind millions of subordinates, I would like to see them try!

Ahem. Anyway, after that whole gut wrenching fiasco, we surprisingly maintained warm relations we the kingdom. They've always sent diplomats to our supply depot, who was always very friendly and kind.

A bit too submissive though, and at times they seemed to take on a fearful cordial, to be honest. Well, I suppose it was due to the fact that we crushed them in a recent war, and they wanted to keep us on the good side.

Ah, by the way, we had to handle emissaries and ambassadors at our supply depots because our subordinates were against bringing them to Eden. I agreed, not because it would 'dirty' the holy sanctuary as my subordinates suggested, but because I would rather not have them know about this massive floating city in the sky.

All that aside, it was about time to do what I had planned on doing a week or two ago. No procrastination this time. The paperwork has been mostly sorted out, I have sent a message beforehand, and even my subordinates have agreed to it!

Although, I'll definitely ignore their comments about 'strengthening our grip on their shattered state'. I had no idea what they meant by that, and I honestly didn't want to know.

Yes, it was time to send Nia to school! I even confirmed everything with the principal, too. Although I was a bit taken aback but how fast he handled things, it was still a good result in the end. I expected a bit more bureaucracy, though...?

In fact, there was too little bureaucracy. The admission test for the both of us was basically skipped, and the fees were waived to non existence.

Huh? Admission test for the 'both of us'? Oh right, I was somehow admitted in too. It wasn't my intention, but when I spoke to the principal about the matter with Nia, he assumed I wanted to apply too. I wouldn't blame him, since I was rather vague about the entire affair, and my reason for enrolling Nia was basically 'her young age'.

That could be interpreted as a reason for me, too. You know, my childish appearance and all. Even though my facial features were leaning towards mature rather than undeveloped, my body was still that of a child.

In the end, it was quite a hilarious scene with Gale having to be our guardian on paper. Had to convince her it was all for the sake of formality for her to accept, too. I absolutely refused to pick anyone else other than Gale, to be frank.

Although I would let Tenko be my mother any day of the week, all my subordinates' personalities were very unpredictable, despite the fact I designed them. Gale wasn't a lot better, but at least she was a very earnest and reserved individual...most of the time.

Anyway, I didn't particularly mind when I found out about it, either. I was curious about what Nia would be learning, and it would be a good opportunity for me to run away from the stress here on Eden too. Although it seems like I would be taking a higher grade than Nia, but that was fine. It was the same academy anyway.

I probably wouldn't spend more than a month or two there, since I was only there to check out the place Nia was learning at. Not to mention the fact that I had a country to run, too. Even though most of it was autonomous, there was still a need for a ruler to decide on things. Besides, it would be an absolute disaster if I were to let my subordinates handle foreign affairs.

My subordinates did have some reservations about me personally going, but like every other time, they wouldn't complain if Nia was involved. For some reason, they wouldn't resist much if I was moving with Nia, as I had mentioned before. I sincerely hope it wasn't the attitude of 'Her Majesty loves playing with her toy, doesn't she', though...