Chapter 20: School Tour

You know, I think I found the perfect weapon. Well, not exactly. More of a weakness, but I think I have found it! I would like to thank future me, past me, present me, normal me, role playing me...ah I sure am a genius! Huzzah! Okay, you ready? Are you ready to hear the finding I have reached after a life time!? Get this, oh readers!

My subordinates are weak to Nia!

...

What? No applause? Nothing? Sheesh, and I thought it was the breakthrough of the century. Well, to put it simply, my subordinates seem to allow me a greater degree of freedom if I move with Nia. I mean, usually I could just order them to leave me alone during my trips out of Eden, but I always give in when I gaze upon their faces of utter despair and heartbreak. However!

My followers were strangely okay with allowing me to travel with only Nia, except for the obvious hidden guards tailing us. Even then, it was already better than before where they must at least have someone personally accompany me.

I honestly didn't know the reason for such a change, however. Was it they were okay as long as there was someone from Eden with me? That would be good news, since Nia was being accepted.

Somehow, my instincts were screaming that things couldn't possibly be that simple. Still, results were still results! No stress when wandering the other world was amazing after all! It was a good choice that I brought Nia along to the Koraine Kingdom.

The capital of the Koraine Kingdom was a relatively safe city, if I did say so myself. Even though we appeared as two little girls walking together in the crowded city, the most I got was simply curious glances and the occasional stare because of my unnatural appearances.

There were even kind people who reached out to us with concerned expressions. People of the Koraine Kingdom were nice, huh? At least those in the capital. Makes you wonder how they managed to find someone like that duke.

There would always be rotten apples, I suppose. Still, this restored my faith in these people a bit. Or the cynical viewpoint would be that the aristocracy was a really twisted bunch...

Ahem. Let's kick that can down the road for future me to pick up, for now I'll play in this city with Nia. It was a rare opportunity that I could take a breath of fresh air without choking on the jingoism and zeal of my subordinates.

"Nia, is there anywhere specific you want to go?" I strolled around the city with her hand in mine.

"I'll go anywhere you go, Princess Roselia," she beamed.

Nia was getting a bit clingy lately, but that was fine! Her angelic presence heals me, after all! I refuse to acknowledge any comments that would say otherwise. If you're going to say something bad about Nia, I'll throw you in the dungeon!

Speaking of Nia, however, reminded me of something that I had pondered about before I came here for peace negotiations. School, yes, school! I still needed to find a place to send Nia for an education on common sense!

Although I had my concerns of sending Nia to a school in a territory that had a poor history with us, even if it was a school that was technically not affiliated with any country or organization. I was sure that beneath the surface, any academy would be within a certain country's sphere of influence, especially one that was located in a capital of a nation.

However, this was probably an opportunity as well. If I could purposefully display interest in the school within their borders, and have them come to possession of such an information, they will not be as on guard as compared to going into negotiations and diplomacy completely blind and without any leverage at all.