Chapter 59: Don't Panic, She Said

"Look, I really don't want to hurt any—"

"Die!"

"Well, if you insist..."

I grabbed my assailant by the collar, then threw him over my head, smashing his body straight into the ground behind me. I picked up a small piece of rock lying on the ground, tossing it in the air a few times, juggling it about with my thumb.

"Like I said, I won't harm anyone who peacefully surrenders. If you don't, however, I will kill you. Simple as that," I paused with a sigh. "Well, I'll be honest with you. If you have a family or a loved one, for their sake just surrender. I've had to kill all your buddies to get here, so why don't you be the first to use your head a bit?"

"Like the people of the Kingdom will ever keep their promises!"

"I'm from Eden, though..."

"You will sentence me to a fate worse than death if I listen to your lies!"

Ugh, he wasn't even listening anymore. Then again, I guess it couldn't be helped sometimes. I spared too much time offering him mercy, anyway. Any more than this and I would be the one considered to be the fool. Well, don't say I didn't show him pity.

I pointed my hand at his head, before resting the pebble on my thumb. I pressed my index finger up behind it, before flicking it with a mere fraction of my full strength. The stone accelerated to speeds that it turned into a blur even with my kinetic vision, basically breaking some law of physics, or at the very least a law of nature that stated a single individual shouldn't have such power.

A powerful back draft of wind blew into my face, causing me to shield my eyes out of instinct, despite not really having the need to do so. A gruesome crunching sound could be heard, as the attacker's...Well, I shall spare you the gore. His skull was basically smashed in after that collision, to describe it crudely. I even confirmed cracked ground beneath his head, meaning the shard penetrated through everything cleanly.

Even though I could get used to killing, gazing upon corpses wasn't healthy for my sanity, huh? I could stare for as long as I liked, and it wouldn't trigger a negative reaction in my stomach, but that was exactly the issue. Having a hardened body was a bit difficult with such a squeamish mind that was still used to modern day first world problems.

Still, I felt no remorse nor guilt. It was just a matter of seeing repulsive imagery. I mean, as long as one didn't kill for pleasure or without proper justification, it was fine. This world operated differently, after all. I would argue giving them a chance to surrender was already too benevolent considering the situation, but that didn't change my point.

Really, how easily I have changed. Over the past few months, I've become increasingly willing in handing out death penalties when I was being attacked, but I suppose that was the influence from a lot of my encounters. More often than not, people who were attacking me in this world were doing so with their life on the line. Usually when that happens, they tend to fixate on survival, and did not really care if you lived or not. It became a vicious cycle of brutality, I guess.

I had the luxury of mercy since I was strong, but I didn't want to use it in certain situations. It made no logical sense, and it would only cause trouble for me. In this case, knocking them out was a no go since I couldn't control when they would wake up, thus making my life harder when they come to and inform their friends. Despite entering the academy in such an exaggerated manner, I was still undetected. Obviously, I would like to keep it that way, hence my choice of permanently removing any non compliant individuals from the equation.

So the most I could give was a quick death, really. Although that whole pebble flicking stunt earlier appeared quite showy, but it was the best option I could really give that man. At such speeds, he wouldn't feel a single thing when his brain was torn into half by a rock. As opposed to, you know, stabbing him with a spear or something.