Chapter 45: The Easy Way Out Always Has A Catch

It was a calm scenery of a countryside, with clear streams and blue skies. Gentle breezes and a warm weather. One that was so peaceful, one might even be able to ignore the lack of life. Animals, people, and just general signs of any sort of living thing. That is, except for the unfortunate souls dragged into this enclosed hell of a "vampire".

"Fight to your hearts' content, humans," Yue said with a yawn. "This land cares not for the hubris of men. It is unchanging. I doubt any of you have the capability to do so, but I will not care if this world is incinerated by an anti world type spell. Ah, really, even though I'm glad Jibril isn't using this place as a testing ground now, but bringing these weaklings in doesn't make me happy at all..."

The second half of Yue's comment was lost to the wind, as the hero party was already engaged in combat with the elves. Rather professionally, too. It was easy to forget due to their comedic nature, but the hero's party was meant to be the gathering of humanity's mightiest, after all.

The warrior held down the front with his hulking figure and massive legionnaire style shield, protecting his party members from harm. The mage and druids were already chanting spells in support, with the first providing destructive spells while the latter utilized a more supportive approach.

The saint, Martha, hung in the back without doing anything. At least, in terms of spell preparation. Instead, she approached the matter with a watchful eye, waiting on serious injuries in order to fully exploit the burst healing nature of her spells. The rogue lurked further behind the saint, among the trees, waiting for an opportunity or perhaps an attack from enemies to defend against.

"Everyone! The enemies are numerous, but if we work together, the elves won't pose a threat to us!" say what you will about the hero, but he was an undeniable natural leader.

Raising his holy sword up in triumph, he started to fend off the elves, although not before trying dialogue, "Why are you doing this!? Those elves in the containers...they were your doing, right? Why do this to your own kind!?"

"You will never understand the suffering we have been through! We were a prideful and pacifistic race, until your kind came along!" the elf roared in rage as he crossed swords with the hero.

"Don't bother! These guys won't listen to us!" the mage shouted.

"Come! Dance! Char!" the mage chanted rapidly.

A bolt of flame converged above the mage, before it was flung straight at an elf. However, as expected of the natural magic resistance of elves, the fire dissipated upon contact, only providing a slight singe to the elf's skin.

The mage clicked her tongue, "These elves are elites...looks like only the strongest of my spells will work here."

"Martha! I don't think I can hold for long!" the warrior shouted back as he received countless punishments.

"I'll heal you now, but please be careful! This is a battle of attrition!" Martha replied as she called for a miracle using a prayer of faith.

"If anything, this is mildly amusing," Yue laughed softly as she watched the party of six struggle against dozens of elves. "Hey, human. Do you require assistance? Since it is, after all, Her Majesty's orders."

"I would really appreciate if you can help us!" the hero replied as he parried a blow. "What is your fighting style? We'll try to incorporate it into our party formation!"

Ignoring his words, Yue walked up towards the elves, exposing herself in a precarious position. Despite the warning and cries of the party, Yue stood in the middle of it all without a care in the world, waiting for an elf to attack.