Chapter 23: The Markiah Conference

I don't wanna go! I don't wanna go at all!!!

Just thinking about it was making my stomach churn. Even so, I had to go! This was my responsib...respon...I don't want to say it...

***

Even after that childish whining, here I was. Walking down their halls with my guards in tow, scaring off all the servants in the castle. Although Rin and Tenko were walking as if they owned the place, it was far more distressing for me, the one leading the group that was constantly sending out an aura of 'come close and your life will end'.

Still, credit where credit was due. They didn't bring anything more than two guards each, so I had a total of six of my subordinates following me. Even so! Bringing level eighties into this place was....! Well, whatever. In game, many of the respawnable mobs of the guild were adjusted to level eighty, where maxed out players would have no trouble dealing with in a couple of hits.

However, now that I was in this world, I honestly didn't know anymore. Even the adventurers, who apparently were quite good in their own right, would be able to be taken down in a single normal attack by me without any prior buffs, if the bandits were any scale of comparison with the adventurers. Level eighty might be overkill, after all?

At the very least, the followers Tenko had brought were relatively defensive. They were dressed in the traditional shrine maiden outfit, but without the cultural heresy being committed by me. They could pass as proper shrine maidens if needed...except for the furry fox tails and ears. Unlike Tenko, however, they only had three tails each.

If I recall the backstory on them correctly, they were the Celestial Fox race. In a sense, they were the kin and familiars of Tenko, so it made sense for them to serve Tenko directly. I think I wrote in Tenko's backstory, that all the sentient Kitsune race, or in English known as fox and variants of it, worshiped Tenko as their goddess, or more accurately as a divine being. Did I go too far in creating Tenko...? I hope that worship did not carry over to the demi humans of this world.

Anyway, these shrine maidens that Tenko brought along were geared towards barrier projection and all types of buffs. If a player wanted to be an enchanter or buffer, then this race and class were usually the strongest combination. Good! Bringing defensive followers were the way to go, Tenko! It showed our willingness to negotiate! Rin, on the other hand...

She brought special forces, much to my chagrin. Armed to the teeth with weapons and equipment, and then some more, special forces were the absolute nightmare of any classic fantasy era players in Brave New World.

Not only they had access to special end game ammunition that could pierce through magic defenses, which was basically the strongest line of protection for the classic era players, but their tactics were truly fearsome.

With just a single squadron, they could overwhelm an enemy that was several times stronger than them on the individual level. Of course, when it came down to dealing with enormous beasts like dragons and raid bosses, them alone were not enough.

For Rin to bring in the shock troops, the Jaegers...this was a headache. They were designed to fight in urban warfare, breaking through enemy lines with sheer firepower and will. In other words, what the heck were you planning to do with them, Rin!?

Weren't simple riflemen enough!? You know, I think with just two, no, one! Just one! Just one of them was enough to sweep this entire castle clear of all life signs!

Well, whatever. My optimistic side was telling me that bringing female escorts were less threatening than male ones, anyway, especially in this time period. Eh? What was that you said? Even my procedural generated NPCs were all female, you say?