Chapter 5: Eden Wakes

What happened after that was pretty exhausting, especially explaining the whole matter to the receptionist. She looked like she was about to faint when she heard I was harassed, but she paled even further when she saw the group of thugs beaten up to such a state by Jibril who had a refreshing smile. After a chaotic morning, I already wanted to go back and sleep. What a day...

"Jibril, what do you think of this place now that you've personally been here?" I asked while wandering the commercial district with her.

"If I may be honest, I've only had poor experiences with this place," Jibril admitted. "I don't understand why princess is so fond of these...humans."

I hesitated to tell her. Should I tell her the truth? Would she become disillusioned? Will she even believe me? Well, don't think too much about it I guess? Just go with the flow.

The last time I decided that I ended up unemployed and stuck being a shut in playing video games...but it'll be fine! Probably.

"Jibril. Did you know? I've spent a long time dreaming when I was asleep," I told a half truth. "It was a dream of being a normal human girl."

"A dream...?" Jibril tilted her head.

"Yeah. A very realistic dream. I felt as if I was really living in a normal human's body...without the abilities of Roselia Rhongomyniad. It was a different world, a different life...it all seems so distant now."

"That must have been torturous for you? I...I can't quite imagine it," Jibril frowned. "I can understand if it was an evolved human like Rin...but just a normal human like these people? It's difficult to image what that must have been like."

I tried to get Jibril to empathize with the humans, "It was surprisingly pleasant, actually. There were things that cannot be obtainable through raw strength. That dream had things that Eden failed to offer despite her bounties...it was such a place. Although I didn't live for long in that dream, it was still a time where it was enjoyable. Such a shame..."

"I see. I understand now," Jibril's eyes were sparkling.

That's good. It's good that...eh? Wait, you understand? Jibril understands?

"So that was the reason why we came here! How could we not have realized this sooner! I'll definitely convey this to everyone on Eden!" Jibril said excitedly.

Hm? Somehow, I think we misunderstood each other? Like, a serious misunderstanding? Oh well, if Jibril says she understands, I guess. If anything bad happens, I'll leave it to you, the me in the future! Good luck!

"Well, now that we've scoped the area out, let's head back, shall we? There's a lot of planning to do," I cast a gaze at Aura's general position to order her to bring the carriage over.

"Indeed," Jibril's smile was somehow sinister.

Why do I have a feeling that future me is going to yell at me...

***

In a massive conference hall with five hundred individuals, an ongoing discussion was taking place. The seating arrangement was in a semi circle fashion, with the seats being higher the further one went from the front.

At the front were four seats but only three of which were filled. This hall was called 'Assembly of The Five Hundred'. However, not all were present due to some of them being up in planetary orbit.

"Such was the story the princess had told me during our walk in that city," Jibril concluded her long speech with a deep breath.

Silence ruled the hall for a brief moment, before chaos broke loose.

"The princess desired more than what Eden could offer!?"

"We...we have failed her..."

"Damn it! We lost her for two hundred years, and now for our failure to get in the way of her happiness again!"

"To think we would lose to those damn primitive humans...! It brings the entirety of the evolved humans shame!"

"Order!" Rin roared, "If it was only this shallow, why do you think we called this meeting? We would already have longed ordered our suicide for such a failure! Think! Aren't you all the personal creations of the princess? Her loyal servants?"

All eyes fell onto Jibril, waiting for her to expand on her tale, "The princess' expression when she told me that was not of disappointment, sadness, nor anger. We had not failed her."

Ignoring the cries of relief, Jibril continued, "Do you still not understand!? It is not that the princess saw a greater value in humans than Eden. Do you still call yourselves her personal creations or followers by not even understanding that?"

Jibril cleared her throat, continuing with maximum dramatic effect, "In all her compassion and mercy, the princess sees value in everything, no matter how pathetic they are. Think back! Back before she fell into the long slumber, she always collected items, even if they were worthless."

"She conquered and fell entire guilds, even if they were far weaker than us! Under her magnanimous gaze, we are equal! All that is beneath the sky, all that is above the sky, and all that is beyond that! They are all entertainment to the great Arbitrator!"

Rin supplemented Jibril's grand speech, "Her Majesty is giving us a hint, knowing we are confused after such a long time. When she discussed about the human life with nostalgia, it is not because it is better than Eden! How could that possibly be?"

"It is because it is not in her hands, as all things should be! As such, this is our mission! Our purpose! Our only purpose! We are to adorn this world and present it to Her Majesty, no matter how primitive it may be!"

"For the princess!"

"Glory to Eden!"

"The ancient titan wakes once more!"

War cries broke out through the normally civilized halls, their fighting spirit roused due to the speech.

Aura cleared her throat, "Now, now. This is a place for discussion, not some brutish display. We shall vote now! Those who are in favor of our proposition to conquer this world for the princess, raise their hands!"

Unanimous. Although they had differing ideas on how to run Eden normally, but when it came to the princess there was not a single divergent idea. If there was, they would probably be instantly torn to shreds. Yay for democracy, huh?

"The result is clear. Horizon, I believe your side is the same?" Jibril spoke to the empty seat beside her.

A mechanical but feminine voice sounded out through a machine left on the table, "Without question."

"Then, let's state the resolution we have came to in this meeting," Rin grinned fearlessly.

"I, Aura, the Fourth Heavenly Queen and director of the Intelligence Department, hereby order the mobilization of all intelligence agents and operators. In depth infiltration will now commence."

"I, Rin, the Third Heavenly Queen and Field Marshal of the Modern Armed Forces, hereby order the total mobilization of all personnel and equipment of the MAF. Rapid deployments shall be ready at any given moment."

"I, Horizon, the Second Heavenly Queen and Central Consciousness of the Orbital Invasion Fleet, hereby order the awakening of all orbital shipyards and construction factories. Indiscriminate orbital invasion and bombardment of any location on this planet can be ordered any time."

"I, Jibril, the First Heavenly Queen and Supreme Commander of the Old Guard, hereby order the rearming of the Old Guard. The main magic infantry shall be ready to incorporated into the other sections' operations."

And so, on that day, the titan Eden woke up.