Chapter 7: Nine Tail's Tale

My name is...well, I have many names. Tamamo, Mae, Tamamo-No-Mae, Ibaraki, Shuten...and some of which almost weren't modeled after demon or spirits. But the one I cherished the most, the one I will not give up no matter what, is probably Tenko.

Although I often joke about how princess has a poor naming sense, naming me after my species name, but it is precious to me. After wandering for so long on that lonely world, I finally met a young girl that brought colors to my life. As I watched her sleeping face, fond memories of that time surfaced within my mind.

For a reason that I'm not entirely sure myself, I was the only tenko to have existed on Lune. I wandered that strange world for a long, long time until I met a young child. She was much like the other 'adventurers' that had appeared on Lune one day. Millions of them flooding into the world with oddly eccentric personalities, but breaking common sense everywhere they went.

The princess was one of them, although I had first assumed she was just another child who could grow extremely fast in terms of combat ability. I mean, those adventurers could go from unable to defeat mere dire wolves to be able to give a common dragon a good fight in a single week. Granted, common dragons were pretty weak.

Speaking of dragons, the princess was really well liked by the dragon kind. And I mean really well liked. Although they didn't interact with Roselia much, one would notice the out of place friendliness from the usually shut in old geezers.

Anyway, I took interest in her, and started traveling with the princess. One thing led to another, and our grand adventure eventually landed us in front of an ancient dragon emperor. Although I was present during their duel, it seemed like non adventurers didn't count.

Or that the Emperor had wanted to leave behind a heir so badly that Roselia became one. However, since she wasn't a full blooded dragon, she became an Arbitrator.

Our fun filled adventurers eventually came to a gradual stop as she founded the guild Eden while gathering some of the finest people on Lune, and created so many of her own children despite still being so young.

I wonder, does the princess fancy women? Most of the people of Eden were women, after all...created or otherwise.

Anyway, it was only until my adventurers with her stopped that I realized how much I enjoyed spending my time exploring the world with her. Nevertheless, I chose to remain with her. 'This old lady will still help you, even if you have better companions to play with now', was what I had thought back then.

But now, we get to experience a new adventure. Yes indeed, it was just as how the princess said. I get to explore a world again with this dear child. Ah, how wonderfully you've captured my heart, Roselia.

It honestly made me feel so special that only she would show such a side to me. It made me ecstatic that she would display such a graceful sight to everyone else, but such childish innocent to me. Ah, what I wouldn't give...

"Lady Tenko. I've come wit—!?" a rude individual came into the room, however.

I glared at the agent of the Intelligence Department. You better have a really good reason to interrupt my time with Roselia! Ah, that's no good. No good at all. Calm and graceful, Tenko. Calm and graceful.

"What is it?" I responded, holding back my glare.

"Pardon my intrusion. The MAF has initiated first contact with the natives. The details are in this report. I sincerely apologize again for my intrusion, please excuse me now," she handed over a report and disappeared from the observation deck.

Couldn't you have seen it from outside of the deck!? Well, I suppose my tails are covering Roselia...oh whatever. But to disturb me and princess for such a reason...

I flipped open the report in an awkward position so as to not disturb the princess' rest. Hm, as expected, huh? The combat engineers came into contact with regular border patrols of a nearby nation while constructing a supply depot. That was the obvious outcome if we were not to put in effort in concealing it.

I could understand those reckless bunch not even considering the inhabitants to be worth their attention, but the princess? I doubt she would easily agree to this proposal. Of course, if that wasn't her plan all along.

If she wanted to construct supply depots but not fortifications, then it was a sign that she wanted to offer those pathetic lifeforms a chance at diplomacy. That was also the purpose of her words to me earlier.

Not to worry, I'll make them dance to our tune, princess. Once they realize it, their only option would only to be submit to us, or face the combined wrath of the three armed forces of Eden...and it wouldn't even be our fault. We would be viewed as the heroes of the tale, and they the villains that provoked the righteous titan.

I stroked the princess' hair happily, no doubt my smile leaking out from my usual mask I put on. Looks like this old vixen still has a purpose, hm? Rest easy, princess. I shall not disappoint you.

"So I guess the first move would be to...declare this land to be ours? I'm sure they'll never agree to it, but a small border conflict should change their mind. I can't wait for the peace conference, ignorant ones," I giggled softly as I looked forward to the future for the first time in two hundred years.