Chapter 46: Before The Holidays

"Bell, do you want to stay here?" I asked the Bell who was currently hanging from the barrel of a naval gun.

"Sure! It's fun on this ship! Everyone treats Bell very nicely!" Bell laughed joyously.

Not limiting your freedom ain't "treating you nicely", Bell. But as long as the person herself was happy, I guess?

"I will come to check up on you a few days later and tell you something important. Until then...have fun, I suppose?"

"Bye bye, Rose! You're a fun person!" Bell smiled back, while doing acrobatic stunts on a turret of the Kassogtha.

"Just don't cause any trouble for my subordinates!" I shouted back as she leaped further and further away.

"Looks like all of you will be stuck with her for the foreseeable future," I muttered tiredly to the sailors behind me.

"She was annoying at first...but I suppose that mad elf is amusing to be around, if anything," a sailor laughed.

"Perhaps it would be more accurate to describe her as a zoo animal? It is entertaining to watch her. Good for the crew morale in a certain way," the secretary nodded in approval.

I...I suppose if both parties could tolerate each other, it didn't really matter in the end? I hope so.

"Move the containers and paperwork in storage to Yue's laboratory. Her instructions will be relayed by Lily later, so it's alright to simply do just the transportation," I gave an order.

"Yes, Your Majesty!" they immediately scrambled down the decks.

Alright, that's everything done and dusted. All I had to do now was to wait for the results, and talk with Bell once her clones fully awakens. Finally, I could take a breather now that I have returned to Eden.

Hm? How did the Kassogtha manage to dock in Eden, an island floating in the sky, you ask? Something about Eden's harbor being able to open a dimensional gate to any sufficiently sized body of water...but for the sake of your and my common sense, it was best to not explore the details of such a matter. Yup.

Well, whatever. Time to go kick up my legs and relax. A hot bath was in order. Even though I sustained my hygiene through magic and several enchantments of the clothes for the past couple of days, nothing could beat a relaxing bath, huh?

***

"Your Majesty, is this temperature satisfactory?" Lily asked as she adjusted the water flowing out of the shower head.

"Mh hm," I made noises of affirmation, since I was mostly distracted by the healing effects of soaking in the massive spa.

After a quick rinse, Lily started to apply shampoo on my hair, "It's been quite some time since Your majesty has returned here, hasn't it, princess?"

I chuckled lightly, "What? You felt quite uncomfortable without any sort of work?"

"Of course! It was very irritating and jarring to pass days, much less an entire week, without being able to attend to you, Your Majesty!" Lily huffed.

Even though I meant it as a joke...but I guess I shouldn't expect much from these bunch. I got used to it all, too. Case in point, me not feeling anything was amiss despite the fact that someone else was washing my hair for me. Being the princess has slowly indoctrinated me, and corrupted my perception as a normal human being...

"Princess, may I know of your plans for the coming weeks?" Lily asked in a hopeful tone.

"I don't have any particular plans in mind, no. I'll probably remain on Eden for the next few weeks. Or, at least, there won't be any extended trips like this time," I refuse to be involved with any sort of mess again.