Chapter 21: Role Playing Me Is A Surprisingly Good Person

Afterwards, it was a tour that was honestly quite boring. For me, at least. The classrooms were all the same, wooden chairs and tables, a blackboard, plus some miscellaneous objects.

It reminded me of the school in a rural town in China that I had went for volunteer service once, honestly. The only difference was it was rather surreal to see people of varying ages listening intently in class, taking the best of their opportunities.

The lecture halls, on the other hand, were much more grand...relatively. The seats slowly rose in height as the row went back, and there was a massive blackboard in the front, complete with a podium and everything.

It was rather nostalgic, as the tables were just one complete row instead of the usual folding table and chair combination you would find in newer colleges. My old university had these lecture rooms of just one long table for a row with a space to walk through in the middle, just as I had described.

I tried my best to seem interested as he introduced the academy and its history, or it would be terribly rude. Funnily enough, Nia was trying her best to appear composed and indifferent, but it seemed she a child after all. Curious about the world around her, especially what the kids of her age were doing.

"Would you like to enter and observe a class?" the principal really did stop referring to me with honorifics, which was honestly a breath of fresh air.

"Which one?" I honestly wasn't that interested in listening to a lecture without being in the right mood.

A bored expression must have leaked out onto my face, because he said with a wry smile, "How about practical class?"

"And what practical skills does this class teach?" I replied with a question as we walked out of the main building.

The old man's grin was too cheeky for my liking, "Martial arts and magic ability."

Fighting, in other words. This world was quite the violent place, hm? Oh well, it was not like I expected much else when I heard there was practical class. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't against the whole teach students how to fight thing.

I had no right to comment on the morality of this world, after all. Perhaps teaching them combat ability was a smart choice in this world.

"Why not?" I shrugged. "Nia, you don't mind either, right?"

"Of course not," Nia agreed as well.

With features of slight surprise for some reason, the principal led us to a field a good distance away from the classrooms. The field's ground was mainly made from sand and gravel to prevent any serious injuries, but I did notice that they were many different type of soil on the field, as if they were made to teach students the importance of landscape when fighting.

The field itself wasn't stock with much equipment, only a couple of weapon racks and target dummies. Still, due to the amount of people there, it was pretty lively despite the spaciousness.

I would say there was a class worth of students present here? Thirty people, give or take. Some were sparring with physical weapons, while others were sending spells towards the already charred target dummies.

An instructor was watching over them, giving advice and tutoring to the students. He turned around as he heard us approaching, appearing rather surprised, but his expression soon turned to a welcoming one.

"Ah, Principal Teach! Are these two fine ladies here your guests today?" he shook hands with the old man amiably, before giving the two of us a bow.

"Who's that?"

"They look really rich. You know, the stuck up type."

"Yeah...I wonder if the one with silver hair is going to enroll here? She would be an eye candy to admire from afar if she does."