Chapter 65: Did I Stutter?

"Kneel."

In the end, what was the point of living? The boys and girls who cried out for life were only met with the oppressive force of life. Not the physical life they considered, but rather, life as in the form of a "being".

The holy seal of an angel sanctified the entire region, enclosing the sky itself in her jurisdiction. Her words decreed the law of the world. If it was uttered, then it shall be. If it was false, then let it be true. If it was a command, then let all be subjects under her. What about the ingenuity of humans? The versatility of humans? The will of humans? Sure, those were...something. It was something. That was all. It was insignificant in comparison, after all.

Gaze up at the form of an entity who occupied a position above gods, and speak of humanity! Do it, then! As the lower ones kneel before the might of the first born, who could speak of something as paltry as humanity? Go on! Laugh! The ruler of the void allows it! The seraph saw the amusement within such a laughable notion, so she shall allow laughter!

"For Her Majesty to call upon me...I wander what sins have you lowly creatures committed again? Something that would be unthinkable? Quite possibly. After all, Horizon has descended upon this world. Utter fools, the lot of you."

"What...what is she...!?"

"I can't move!"

"M-mage corps! Barriers up!"

"No spirits...there aren't any spirits left in the air! That monster is absorbing them all!!!"

"Irritating," Jibril uttered, sentencing the creatures to a dreadful fate.

"Even the beasts I was brawling with on the other continent put up more of a fight...Are all of you really part of an organized army? Quite disappointing," Jibril commented as she raised a single hand up into the air.

"Behold the consuming void, and suffer! Sing your praises, for I am Ẽ̵̝̰̜̤̑̓͝ţ̴̯̪̻̆͊͝ė̴̛̪̏̆r̷̮͑̕̕n̴͍͉͖̦̿̆̚i̸̖̽̈́͑̃t̸̥̭̄͒͆y̷̧̳̟͈̓͑͆̓! Hear my true name, and be reduced to nothing! The First Ring: <Void Flare>."

The cursed name was unleashed, and reality trembled in fear. A sphere of doom enlarged itself above Jibril's palm, swallowing the skies in an endless blackness. A terrible power was brought into the world, ripping apart the threads of existence. Any semblance of an angel's holy power had vanished completely, instead, the insects beheld an infinite emptiness before them.

"The order was to crush any resistance, so it shall be," although she acted out of fealty, but Jibril's sadistic smile made it clear she reveled in her victims' despair. "Let all trace of your memory be erased from this world, in the past, present and future."

The enormous void descended upon the earth, tearing through the atmosphere with a sharp silence. It was simple, really. The spell was not complex when compared to the other showy spells Jibril would like to use liberally. This unholy creation, one of her ultimate spells, did not have any bells and whistles. All which exists would cease after coming into contact with there sphere. A very straightforward "denial of existence".

As she gazed upon the aftermath of an atrocity, Jibril furrowed her brows in minor frustration, "To be called back like this...This certainly wasn't part of Tenko's predictions. She couldn't have possibly gotten things wrong, could she? Just what is happening here, I wonder? To think even she was recalled..."

Jibril tilted her head towards the sky, her expression containing an indiscernible emotion. Her face darkened, literally. A vast shadow was cast upon the earth, a result of the sun being blocked out. Even Jibril, who was among candidates that could possibly match—if not outright beat—Roselia in a head on confrontation, could not help but to pause and admire the arrival of the leviathan.