Chapter 8: Stress

How did things turn out like this...? Please stop, I'm already getting stomach cramps.

"We've encountered patrols of a foreign nation? Well, what did they say?" I tried to get more information first.

"They were a bit confused, but they said the land we were building the supply depot on was their rightful land and that we should leave," Aura reported.

This was not good at all, "What was our response? We didn't see combat, I hope?"

"Of course not, princess," Aura shook her head. "Although Rin and Jibril were raring to go, Tenko managed to convince them to do otherwise. As Your Majesty orders, we didn't attack unless it's in self defense. The Old Guard handled negotiations, refusing their demand. The patrols wanted to attack us, but..."

"But?" please tell me it wasn't something bad.

Aura finished her report, "But they immediately decided to retreat while shouting something about 'steel chariots' when the MAF tanks arrived on site."

At least it didn't end in a slaughter...good job, Tenko! It might really have ended up as one if you didn't interfere.

Tenko grinned, "All according to plan."

What plan!?

"Judging from the information I've received on the Koraine Kingdom from the Intelligence Department earlier, I'll say they'll come straight for us with a military force. They've just lost a war, so they'll want any victory they can get, especially when it's from a nation they've never heard of. I doubt they'll trust the account of steel chariots, but if they back off, we'll aggressively lay claims on their lands until they respond," Tenko explained.

Tenko, you're really scary you know that?

"But more likely than not, they will come with force?" I muttered tiredly.

"Most likely. They are quite the militant country due to recent wars," Aura nodded.

Not like we were one to say that though...

"Then...I'll have Jibril take field command of the Old Guard once they arrive," I started assigning roles so this wouldn't lead to a complete disaster. "Rin is to organize a company for show of force to discourage fighting, but if need be it could still serve as a proper fighting force. As such, the tanks should be preferable. Intelligence Department, continue your work. Finally, I'll leave the negotiations and diplomacy to you, Tenko. Don't be as trigger happy as Rin and Jibril, okay?"

Tenko's lips curled up into a smile, "Certainly. I shall not disappoint. Now, due to their mobilization speed, I wouldn't expect their arrival within this week, or if we are really unfortunate, two weeks."

How was that unfortunate!? In any case, it's good that they won't be here too soon. Can I return to sleeping in Tenko's tails?

No no, I mustn't appear as a useless person to my children that I personally made. What to do, what to do...Ugh, I was already getting worried about when they actually do arrive.

***

Currently, I was staring at a bunch of men in awe who were staring back at me. I know, this was a bit ridiculous. It wasn't my fault, okay! If anyone of you gives me a look of pity, I'll send in the Orbital Invasion Fleet!

Well, it was good that they were too busy being shocked instead of coming at us with their weapons.

Two weeks passed surprisingly fast when you spend the most of it sleeping and playing around in the palace of Eden, doesn't it? No shit it does, me! When reports of soldiers marching on the supply depot came in, I didn't have a solid plan yet